The end-to-end microinsurance solution for mobile operators
24 Feb 2014
Opportunity has expired
Country Manager Ghana
Looking for a dynamic, passionate and experienced person to manage our mobile financial services operations in Ghana
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Milvik (Bima), owned by Kinnevik, Millicom and LeapFrog Investments, is a young company, focusing on innovative product development and distribution of microinsurance through mobile operators and large distribution channels in emerging markets. Bima currently operates through its subsidiaries in Ghana, Tanzania, Senegal, Mauritius, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Indonesia and is currently in a rapid growth phase.
We are currently looking for a dynamic, passionate and experienced person to manage our operations in Ghana.
About the role:
Successful end-to-end delivery of implementation project up to launch and day-to-day operational running of a local Bima entity – delivering agreed scope on time and able to manage quality and integrity of the end results. Workstreams likely to include coordinating the technical platform integration, insurance company coordination, marketing, sales team recruitment, etc., so Country Manager should have experience working on similar end to end services.
Overall, the Country Manager must be attuned to value the details as well as be able to understand and drive towards the big picture. Analytical and quick thinking in a fast-paced environment are essential. The Country Manager is an enthusiastic problem solver and thrives on being engaged at all levels of the project. As the key point of contact for both the mobile operator and the local team, the Country Manager plays a pivotal role in the success of any major engagement.
Reports to a Global Director within the Bima Group level.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for working with the Global Director to develop overall strategy and working with local Bima team, mobile operator local team and local insurance company to execute on plans
- Responsible for hitting subscriber targets and meeting cost efficiency initiatives for the local entity as a whole
- Carry out day-to-day activities and monitor activities of members of the local team (including a project associate and internal client team) and ensure work is progressing as planned
- Manage schedules, budgets, and overall company organization to ensure requirements and all deliverables dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon
- Ability to work across several projects with one or more junior project manager(s)
- Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources working across project(s) based on scope of work and company goals
- Actively monitor risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
- Consistently identify needs that clients may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
- Consistently manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback
- Languages: fluent in English; local Ghanaian language is a plus
- 5 years minimum work experience within an implementation/operational role in the telecoms space, management consulting or equivalent experience in PMO in this sector
- International work experience
- MBA degree or insurance work experience is a plus but not a must.
- Looking for someone enthusiastic about building a new venture
- A fair amount of travel is expected to be required as part of this role
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, support and understand different project teams and cultures, ideally in emerging markets
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical
Send your CV & Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.