The end-to-end microinsurance solution for mobile operators
3 Apr 2014
Opportunity has expired
Competitive + accommodation
Country Manager Philippines
Seeking ambitious self-starter to launch, run and grow our ground-breaking business in the Philippines
Visa/Work Permit sponsorship may be available for this opportunity
Competitive + accommodation
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Milvik is a young company, focusing on selling and managing end-to-end mobile microinsurance products and services to mobile operators in emerging markets. We are currently looking for a dynamic, passionate and experienced person to launch and manage our operations in the Philippines.
Responsibilities of Country Manager
Bima is in the process of setting up operations in Philippines today. We are looking for a Country Manager to join the Company just before launch and to drive all build-up activities and eventually manage day-to-day running of the operation.
Day-to-day operational running of our Milvik entity in the local market, including P&L responsibility, stakeholder management, product management, new product development, administration of distribution channels, and people management.
Overall, the Country Manager must be attuned to value the details as well as be able to understand and drive towards the big picture. Analytical and quick thinking in a fast-paced environment are essential. The Country Manager is an enthusiastic problem solver and thrives on being engaged at all levels of the operation in the Philippines. As the key point of contact for both the mobile operator and the local team, the Country Manager plays a pivotal role in the success of our local operation.
Initially working closely with the Asia Regional Director within the Milvik Group.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Drive the definition of Bima’s business model in the Philippines, including partnership scouting and negotiations, company & legal structure and product concept and pricing
- Build the Philippines operations, including recruitment of agent network, contractual negotiations, etc.
- Execution of current plans and development with the Global Director of new initiatives for the operation in the market - working with local Milvik team, local mobile operator team and local insurance company to achieve agreed mid and long term plans and goals
- Responsible for meeting subscriber targets and cost efficiency initiatives for the local entity as a whole (P&L responsibility)
- Carry out day-to-day activities and monitor performance of members of the local team (including a project manager and sales agents) and ensure work is progressing as planned
- Manage schedules, budgets, financials, and overall company organization to ensure plans and new projects are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon
- Ability to multi-task across several initiatives
- Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all resources working across the operation based on company goals
- Actively monitor risks to foresee potential issues and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
- Consistently identify new opportunities and needs that clients may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
- Consistently manage client relationship and expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback
- Languages: fluent in English and local language is a plus
- 5 years minimum work experience within an implementation/operational role in the telecoms space, consulting or equivalent experience in PMO in this sector
- Experience within Africa, Latam and emerging Asia Pac or insurance industries is a plus but not a must.
- Looking for someone eager to live and work in Manila (relocation expected) and enthusiastic about launch, running and developing a an operation
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, support and understand different stakeholders and cultures, ideally in emerging markets
- Strong attention to detail, with focus on stakeholder management, product management, product development and performance of distribution channels
Please send CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Only applications with a covering letter will be considered!
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.