The end-to-end microinsurance solution for mobile operators
11 Apr 2014
Opportunity has expired
Country Manager Nigeria
Launch, run and grow our operations in Nigeria - be a pioneer & leader in Africa's largest market
Visa/Work Permit sponsorship may be available for this opportunity
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Bima is a young company, focusing on selling and managing end-to-end mobile microinsurance products and services to mobile operators in emerging markets. We are currently looking for a dynamic, passionate and experienced person to launch and manage our operations in Nigeria.
Responsibilities of Country Manager
Bima does not have operations in Nigeria today. We expect the Country Manager to come into the market before the launch of our operations and support in business development activities including product and business plan development, company registration, partnership scouting and negotiations, etc. Once a plan has been signed off we expect the Country Manager to drive all launch activities and eventually manage day-to-day running of the operation.
Day-to-day operational running of our Bima entity in the local market, including P&L responsibility, stakeholder management, product management, new product development, administration of distribution channels, and people management.
Overall, the Country Manager must be attuned to value the details as well as be able to understand and drive towards the big picture. Analytical and quick thinking in a fast-paced environment are essential. The Country Manager is an enthusiastic problem solver and thrives on being engaged at all levels of the operation in Nigeria. As the key point of contact for both the mobile operator and the local team, the Country Manager plays a pivotal role in the success of our local operation.
Initially working closely with the Global Head of Business Development, and subsequently reporting to a Global Director within the Bima Group.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Drive the definition of Bima’s business model in Nigeria, including partnership scouting and negotiations, company & legal structure and product concept and pricing
- Build Nigeria operations from scratch, including company registration, licence application, office set up, recruitment of agent network, contractual negotiations, etc.
- Execution of current plans and development with the Global Director of new initiatives for the operation in the market - working with local Bima team, local mobile operator team and local insurance company to achieve agreed mid and long term plans and goals
- Responsible for meeting subscriber targets and cost efficiency initiatives for the local entity as a whole (P&L responsibility)
- Carry out day-to-day activities and monitor performance of members of the local team (including a project manager and sales agents) and ensure work is progressing as planned
- Manage schedules, budgets, financials, and overall company organization to ensure plans and new projects are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon
- Ability to multi-task across several initiatives
- Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all resources working across the operation based on company goals
- Actively monitor risks to foresee potential issues and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance
- Consistently identify new opportunities and needs that clients may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs
- Consistently manage client relationship and expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback
Please send CV & Cover letter to email@example.com
NOTE: only applications with CV & cover letter will be considered!
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.