The end-to-end microinsurance solution for mobile operators
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
23 Jul 2014
Opportunity has expired
General Manager, Cambodia
Young, driven project manager keen to work for social and technology-driven startup in emerging market
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Visa/Work Permit sponsorship may be available for this opportunity
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Bima is a young company, focusing on selling and managing end-to-end mobile micro-insurance products and services to mobile operators in emerging markets. We are currently looking for a young, driven person to help project-manage a new product in our existing operations in Cambodia.
Responsibilities of General Manager
Bima has an existing operation in Cambodia, that is new and running a single product in the market. We are on the cusp of launching a second product, in partnership with a mobile telecoms operator.
We have ambitious targets for this second product, and are aiming to penetrate a significant percentage of the operator's 5 million subscribers with low-cost insurance. To do this, we are looking for a General Manager to help with the set-up and management of a sales and distribution network, including a telemarketing operation and a field sales force. The General Manager will also manage the key relationship with the mobile operator, and ensure coordination in terms of marketing, IT and customer service.
The General Manager will report to the Country Manager of our Cambodia operation as a senior-level management executive.
- Execute current plans and development for mobile-delivered micro-insurance, with the aim of distributing insurance to over 5 million subscribers of a mobile telecoms operator
- Recruit, train and manage members of the local team, including the set-up of a telemarketing operation and field sales force
- Project-manage marketing and communications planning and execution, in coordination with mobile telecoms operator
- Project-manage IT development and integration required for implementation of product with mobile telecoms operator
- Set-up and operate a customer service hotline
- Assist Country Manager in managing schedules, budgets, financials, and overall company organization
- Proactively ideate, test, and execute potential innovation in marketing, sales, and operations, e.g. creative, bottom-up marketing strategies
- Identify new opportunities in business development
Interested applicants to send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.