Nomanini is a VC-backed technology innovator focused on facilitating the trade for prepaid services in emerging markets.
Cape Town, South Africa
19 Sep 2013
Opportunity has expired
Chief Commercial Officer
Exciting opportunity to help empower entrepreneurs who serve their local communities by joining a VC-backed technology innovator.
Cape Town, South Africa
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Nomanini is a VC-backed technology innovator focused on facilitating the trade for prepaid services in emerging markets. We are looking for an experienced Chief Commercial Officer to join our team. This position is a full-time role based in Cape Town.
Nomanini is looking for a full time Chief Commercial Officer (CCO) based in Cape Town who will play a leading role in the management of the company in the business development function from pre-sales, sales to post-sales client support. You will be expected to drive business development opportunities in order to grow the company with informal sector prepaid distributors and multinational corporate clients. Further, you will manage the business development team comprising the Marketing Manager and Account Manager, as well as South Africa-focused project teams.
As Nomanini expands across the continent, you will be expected to manage an increasing portfolio of active clients and potential opportunities.Nomanini is looking for an exceptional business development manager with a background in business development in emerging markets. Knowledge of the telecommunications industry and experience in marketing is preferable.
This role is central in Nomanini’s core management team and you will report directly to the CEO. You will be expected to operate in “startup” mode while also being able to work with multinational corporates.Nomanini uses agile development practices and believes in empowered, self-organising teams. Nomanini provides a flexible yet challenging working environment in which all team members are inspired by each others’ passion and drive to continually seek smarter solutions.
- Manage the business development team, ensuring successful processes are implemented and followed.
- Directly approach large clients in seeking partnerships.
- Identify large prospects and pitch directly to new clients.
- Develop strong business relationships with our clients who you serve. Successfully manage client relations from first contact to closing.
- Close deals that will benefit Nomanini and the client.
- Ensure that our clients are successful and their operations are sustainable.
- Be responsible for marketing and the management of a scalable sales pipeline.
- Be accountable for delivering excellent sales results, both in pitching to local enterprises and in terminal usage and sales.
- Be the sales voice in management meetings.
- Monitor and analyse sales results.
- At least 5 years of business development experience.
- A minimum of a 4-year degree from an accredited university.
- Experience working in sales in emerging markets
- Experience managing and growing a team in a startup environment is preferred.
- Strong communication skills, both verbally and written.
Preferable skills and experience
- Business development experience in the mobile industry.
- Experience in Africa, in industries related to prepaid, mobile or micropayments.
- Working knowledge of a third language such as French or Portuguese.
More about us
Nomanini facilitates micropayments in emerging markets by bridging the divide between the virtual world of electronic payments and the physical world in which we live. Nomanini develops appropriate technology and design to facilitate the distribution of prepaid services, worth $60 billion, that is traded in Africa every year. Most prepaid is sold using scratch cards which are costly to manufacture and distribute.Nomanini's solution is a proprietary point-of-sales terminal provided as a managed service. This combines the benefits of electronic delivery with the convenience of physical vouchers.
Nomanini empowers existing prepaid distributors or multinational mobile network operators to build their own solution on our platform, to meet their local market needs. Nomanini builds and maintains the core system, while the client customises and manages their product on our platform via web-portals and APIs.In the future Nomanini will extend this virtual-physical bridging approach to other prepaid services and ultimately to mobile-money in emerging markets. We design and develop our own software and hardware for a widely distributed network of point-of-sales terminals, along with the requisite infrastructure.
We provide competitive salaries and benefits, a rewarding and agile work environment and the opportunity to be a key part of a closely-integrated team of highly talented and motivated individuals.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.