OBAAT- One Brick at a Time is an international partnership project led by Chester & District Housing Trust (CDHT), Volunteer Missionary Movement (VMM), Liverpool Hope University (LHU) and our curre...
Fort Portal, Uganda
11 Jun 2013
Opportunity has expired
To regenerate our communication and marketing facilities
Fort Portal, Uganda
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Moving forwards OBAAT face the necessity to amplify its activities by improving the current website. Mainly, we are interested in improving or producing past projects display for the general public, transparency of our activities, including account reports and creating new channels for fundraising.
Our intention is to find a highly skilled short term volunteer from the UK in the role of Communications Officer to work from July to end of October 2013. The first two months would be dedicated to renovate our current website and for the remaining period a local IT graduate should be trained ultimately to continue the maintenance of the new services within our organization.
July & August
· Address issues surrounding website and facebook pages
· Draft new templates for company branded materials
· Develop new glossy templates for project reports
· Conduct a range of interviews to put on website
· Make marketing materials for previous projects
· Draft materials for mail shots for commercial participants (2014)
· Draft downloadable branded fundraising materials for UK Participants
· Draft flyers for Christmas appeal (Water Harvesters)
· Develop creative writing potential of Uganda staff for future bid writing
· Participate in selection of a IT intern from MMU for new Communication post
Sept & Oct
· Mentor Intern
· Jointly deliver new format post project reports
· Jointly create time delay imagery of project for marketing project
· Possible video shorts of trainees for Facebook
· On-going creative writing development to assist future bid writing
· Plan future development of intern towards full time post leaving capacity in house
What can we offer
Accommodation, transport from/to UK, travel insurance, allowance for food and bicycle (helmet would be necessary). The potential candidate should provide a CRB.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.