The Chief Operating Officer will run the company's day-to-day operations. Sales, marketing and operations management are key to Ongeza's success and the COO will build the team and lead it in these areas. S/he will be an integral part of senior management and help formulate and implement the business strategy.
An ideal candidate will:
- Manage day-to-day operations of the company, including sales, marketing, logistics, procurement, and training.
- Implement sales and marketing strategy.
- Design and manage efficient and scalable supply chain.
- Finalize sales and distribution model and then lead Ongeza's rapid growth.
- Create, manage and meet budgets and financial metrics.
- Build a results-oriented culture.
- Work directly with CEO on business growth and strategy.
An ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum ten years work experience in the area of sales, marketing and/or operations management with a minimum of five years of senior management experience.
- Strong marketing and sales experience and/or knowledge.
- Experience working with rural populations, desired but not essential.
- Proven track record of growing and leading an organization while setting and meeting goals.
- MBA or equivalent education/experience.
- Creative problem solving.
- Experience working in East Africa, preferably in Tanzania.
- Fluency in Swahili, desired but not essential.
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfort working in a start-up environment.
- Passion to work with rural and base of the pyramid customers.