OxFizz is an award winning and pioneering not-for-profit social enterprise that is completely unique. OxFizz wants a world in which people can make a difference – in a different way. We engage peop...
London, United Kingdom
19 May 2014
Opportunity has expired
Exciting social enterprise seeks new chair
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
- We sell educational services to individual clients and partner schools
- These services are delivered by our 250 graduate volunteers
- Our profits go to charities selected by our volunteers (last year, our volunteers were raising approximately £60 an hour, together giving away over £180,000 to charities)
- Our profits also fund our partnership with The Access Project supporting disadvantaged students at King Solomon Academy and other schools across London to achieve better grades and progress to top universities.
Now in our seventh year, with a full-time team of four, and over 250 volunteers we are looking to recruit a Chair to lead our ambitious strategy for further growth to our business and to maximise our social impact.
- Chairing monthly board meetings
- Supporting our Executive Director with weekly meetings in central London/at our Caledonian Road offices.
- Demonstrated success as a board member or board chair, including the setting and oversight of financial targets, supporting executive staff to develop and implement strategy
- Executive/non-executive experience in leading the growth of a small organisation (either profit or not-for-profit)
- Familiarity with the education sector in the UK
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to OxFizz’s values and objectives
The successful candidate will be willing and able to commit time to leadership of the organization, bringing ideas and ambition for what OxFizz could and should achieve.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 30th May. Interviews to be held during the weekend of 7th/8th June, in central London.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.