OxFizz is an award winning and pioneering not-for-profit social enterprise that is completely unique. OxFizz wants a world in which people can make a difference – in a different way. We engage people through our unique model, where they volunteer their time and skills to provide our educational services to support young people, and in doing so raise money for their chosen charity. Founded in 2007 by three recent graduates from Oxford and Cambridge, OxFizz provides a range of commercial educational services for young people to develop their skills and reach their potential, whether applying for university or going for a job interview. Uniquely, the profits of these services go to charities chosen by the people who power these services – Oxbridge graduates who volunteer their time. In addition to this, for each fee-paying session we provide, we enable a free session for a student from less advantaged backgrounds through our partnership with educational charity The Access Project. We thus combine the best of business and charity by running high-quality services which promote the public good and raise money for charity at the same time.
London, United Kingdom
19 May 2014
Opportunity has expired
Exciting social enterprise seeks new chair
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
- We sell educational services to individual clients and partner schools
- These services are delivered by our 250 graduate volunteers
- Our profits go to charities selected by our volunteers (last year, our volunteers were raising approximately £60 an hour, together giving away over £180,000 to charities)
- Our profits also fund our partnership with The Access Project supporting disadvantaged students at King Solomon Academy and other schools across London to achieve better grades and progress to top universities.
Now in our seventh year, with a full-time team of four, and over 250 volunteers we are looking to recruit a Chair to lead our ambitious strategy for further growth to our business and to maximise our social impact.
- Chairing monthly board meetings
- Supporting our Executive Director with weekly meetings in central London/at our Caledonian Road offices.
- Demonstrated success as a board member or board chair, including the setting and oversight of financial targets, supporting executive staff to develop and implement strategy
- Executive/non-executive experience in leading the growth of a small organisation (either profit or not-for-profit)
- Familiarity with the education sector in the UK
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and commitment to OxFizz’s values and objectives
The successful candidate will be willing and able to commit time to leadership of the organization, bringing ideas and ambition for what OxFizz could and should achieve.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com by Friday 30th May. Interviews to be held during the weekend of 7th/8th June, in central London.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.