So there’s a new way to stay in a city. And we’re it. You can now stay in someone’s beautiful, characterful home while they’re out of town. Live their life for a few days and nights, walk in their footsteps, and make the city your wonderland.
London, United Kingdom
19 Sep 2013
Opportunity has expired
£25,000 per annum
Campaign and Content Manager
You're a quick-footed, tech-savvy all-rounder, we're a social enterprise scaling innovative solutions to society's biggest challenges.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
£25,000 per annum
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Participle works with and for the public. Together we create new types of public services that make a real difference in everyday lives. We’re an Internationally acclaimed social enterprise, based in London, working throughout the UK. We design, develop and scale innovative solutions to the most pressing social challenges of our time. At Participle we work on the ground, in the homes and communities of people in very different parts of the UK. We have seen the evidence for what is needed – a truly responsive welfare state that builds the capabilities of all, services that value and build on relationships. We call this approach ‘relational welfare’, and it’s not just an idea. We have created and currently deliver new services that show how it can work, which benefit thousands of people every month.
- Circle is our social enterprise that supports older people. The aim is to provide lower level care, and practical tasks, whilst building a rich social network.
- Life is an empowering experience for families who face many difficulties in day-to-day life. The families have the potential to change their lives. We provide the framework for those at the front line to create a new relationship with families that supports transformation.
- Backr is a supported social network that helps people find opportunities and build connections in the new world of work. It includes support for the small businesses that will drive job creation.
Supporting our mission, we have built a movement of people who want the best for their families and communities, early adopters that help us design new types of services, social entrepreneurs and other talented doers that drive forward our solutions, core partners and social investors, committed individuals at the highest levels of Government and passionate advocates across sectors that believe that this approach represents the future of public services. We are now growing this movement, with a particular focus on our social media presence and reach. It’s a long-term campaign to take things to the next level, and that’s where you come in...
We are on a mission and you’ve got our most powerful megaphone. You will be responsible for the creation, development and delivery of a mission-focused social media strategy across all of our work, in particular focusing on the relational welfare site as a hub of campaign activity. You will work with Partners and our Operations Director to define goals, set targets and drive social thinking and excellence throughout the organisation. You will use all the tools of the trade, from social media management to marketing and analytics software, and will report back regularly. You will both create and curate content, and develop channel strategies to engage specific audience groups to drive awareness and understanding of our mission. You will educate and train all our people in the benefits of digital communication, and help us stay in touch with new trends and developments. You will be responsible for executing our strategy for 2013/14, which entails significantly building our presence in terms of numbers and breadth of audience.
Here are some of the milestones we want to hit:
- 10,000 Twitter followers (@weareparticiple) by June 2014, inc. select influencers:
- 10x increase in site contributors and average time on page for Relational Welfare site;
- In 2014, we will also be re-designing the Participle website and you will play a critical role in ensuring our social media strategy is at its core;
- We will agree targets for press coverage and social media reach across platforms.
You're a quick-footed, tech-savvy all-rounder. You're resourceful, resolve problems creatively and love a challenge. You're not precious - you've got a 'can do' attitude and enjoy getting your hands dirty. You are dynamic and organised, and thrive on new challenges. You’re a great communicator, and can use stories to help complex ideas become widely understood. You will need to understand the nuances of the world we work in and translate them for the wider audience we want to reach. To be successful, you will need to be accurate, persuasive, well organised and able to prioritise and communicate your work effectively, including getting hard- pressed colleagues to collaborate.
Here are some specific things you should have:
- In-depth knowledge and passion for all forms of digital media, particularly social media;
- 1-2 years working as a community manager, engagement specialist, in social media or digital marketing;
- A keen interest in public affairs, government and policy;
- Demonstrable ability to manage multiple projects and work under tight deadlines;
- Political nous, you can show us that you understand the wider world we operate in.
How To Apply
First, have a look around our websites and social media presence (some links above). Then email us (email@example.com) detailing the following:
1. Your LinkedIn profile, CV or however you want to tell your story;
2. Your digital portfolio, feel free to include online-to-offline campaigns or community outeach;
3. Tell us something we don’t know. This could be a trend, your favourite campaign of all time or a little known historical fact. Up to you.
Please apply by noon on Monday, October 14th, making sure you include all of the above. Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Please also note you must have the permanent right to work in the UK to be considered for this position.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.