PEPY: Promoting Education, emPowering Youth. We are an NGO in rural Cambodia and believe in investing time in people. Sister org: @PEPYTours.
Siem Reap, Cambodia
4 Dec 2013
Opportunity has expired
Communications & Fundraising Assistant
Come and join us in the Kingdom of Cambodia!
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
We're seeking an excellent communicator and someone 'good with numbers' to support the PEPY NGO.
PEPY, a US-registered non-profit running educational and youth empowerment projects in rural Siem Reap province.
The Communications and Fundraising Assistant will work as part of the NGO's Communications Team, which supports PEPY's vision through effective external and internal communications, fundraising, and maintaining and developing relationships with current donors.
This role is based in the PEPY office(s) in Siem Reap town, with occasional travel to program sites, and reports to the Communications and Fundraising Manager (PEPY).
Roles and Responsibilities
General tasks and responsibilities will be focused within the realm of media, communications and capacity building and will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Managing External Communications: taking care of the main email accounts, manage our monthly newsletter, enhance our social media presence, blogging, contribute to our annual report, work with the press and media to help spread our word!
- Monitoring our Communications: contribute to the planning and execution of marketing campaigns, analyse PEPY's website and social media analytics, check for mentions of PEPY and related events & news
- Fundraising & Donor Relations: sustain relations with existing and potential donors, develop strategies for communicating with current and prospective donors, acting as a connector to PEPY programs for the purpose of 'creative and meaningful' stewardship, maintaining donor databases, develop long term fundraising initiatives, help create campaign strategies
- Education: university bachelor degree in the field of marketing, communications, English or any other relevant degree.
- Experience: applicants with professional or volunteer work experiences in social media and communications will be given priority.
- Soft skills: the applicant should be capable of easily adapting to new environments and circumstances (preferably with some experience of living in a non-Western country). The applicant should be a team player, have an open mind, strong ethics, and a learning attitude.
- Language: fluency in English is a must.
To see if you will be a good fit for PEPY (and if PEPY will be a good fit for you), please look at our core values and our attitudes and expectations.
Apply as soon as you can! Position vacant until filled. Ideal start date: mid-February for a six (6) month period.
This position is unpaid; however PEPY will provide an accommodation stipend of up to $70 per month and will cover the cost of the successful candidate's visa. The candidate must cover the cost of his or her travel to and from Cambodia, medical and travel insurance, and living costs whilst in Cambodia.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.