Voted "London's best burrito" by Esquire and The Evening Standard, we pride ourselves on top quality, fast, fresh and healthy Mexican food for everyone!
London, United Kingdom
3 Mar 2014
Opportunity has expired
£30000 per annum.
Software Developer/ IT Generalist
This is not your ordinary IT job; we are looking for a real Tech Wizard! Note: Apprentice Wizards need not apply.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
£30000 per annum.
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Poncho 8 was started in 2009 by ex-city workers and two friends, Frank and Nick. They were looking for more than your average day to day office routine.
After developing a healthy obsession with Mexican food they felt that setting up a business to make and sell the stuff was a pretty straight-forward decision.
Poncho 8 is a young, dynamic and growing chain of Mexican food outlets with a focus on fresh, healthy, tasty food. Voted "London's Best Burrito" by Esquire and The Evening Standard - we think it's safe to say we're onto something awesome!
We are energetic, social, honest, engaged, adaptive, impressive, curious and excellent. There are five of us in the central team, come and be team member number six!
Your tasks will be varied and range from simple maintenance tasks to developing efficient real time management information systems, for example:
* Developing, maintaining and optimising websites, apps and e-commerce platforms, including payment systems.
* Integration of EPOS, labour, stock ordering, enabling management to optimise their business
* Facilitate our social media platforms, enabling us to optimise this route to market
* Be instrumental in implementing customer facing technology into our retail businesses.
* Proactively identify areas, where our businesses can utilise technology to become market leaders and gain competitive advantage.
You need to be proficient in the following:
pretty and functional)
• A server-side language (PHP is preferable).
• Understanding of Databases (MySQL is preferable).
• An understanding of Web Design, Good Usability and User Experience skills. Experience with using a full-featured image editor (Adobe Photoshop and/or Fireworks/Illustrator).
• Understanding of Version control (git if preferable).
• An understanding of Objective-C would be great but is not essential.
• A pro-active interest in keeping up to date with tech industry news.
You know your stuff, and are likely to have an excellent degree in computer science. You are certainly sharp, self-motivated and quick to understand new situations. You are thorough in your approach and not afraid to challenge any information given to you. You can communicate effectively with colleagues, who are equally enthusiastic, but do not have your specialist knowledge.
You will need to have excellent organisational skills and enjoy working on your own initiative. You will be ambitious and driven, and have a desire to deliver real, tangible results. You may be an up-and-coming talent needing an opportunity to shine, or an experienced and skilled individual looking for new challenges. Whatever your reason for considering this position, you are looking for more than just a normal tech role.
Please apply directly to Ben Tyrer at email@example.com, or click on the link below to go through the first stage of application through our recruitment portal.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.