popchips are an innovative range of snacks that launched in 2007 in the united states, and are well on their way to something special. we make a delicious, healthier line of popped potato chips that are in the leading retailers and among the fastest growing natural snacks in the usa.
popchips launched in the uk in march 2012 and has quickly becoming one of the hottest snack brands in the country. popchips has a fast paced, entrepreneurial culture with all aspects of the business focused on delivering the best possible snacker experience.
new role - business development manager:
popchips is looking for a talented and passionate sales person to join as a business development manager to help continue the growth of popchips in the uk. the ideal candidate will have proven sales experience and understand the greater london and south east market. key responsibilities will include:
- helping to manage and execute the company’s plan to accelerate the distribution of popchips in key channels and accounts, including independents, food service and distributor served chains, throughout london and the UK;
- developing and maintaining excellent rapport with site and operations managers on contract catering sites, particularly in high profile offices in london & other key cities
- building and effectively managing relationships with the distributor's sales-force, management, operations and office staff
- educating and training distributors on popchips by regularly conducting sales meetings and spending time out in the field with them
- ensuring proper execution of all promotional activities at store/site level including: communication with retailer, management, securing & building displays, sampling/demo’s, planogram execution, and placement of point of sale
- participating in field sales blitzes in order to achieve market development goals
summary of experience/qualifications
- 1-2 years sales experience (minimum) ideally in the food and beverage industry (experience in the salty snack category and/or working with food service accounts or distributors is a plus)
- demonstrated success selling into the free-trade channel of distribution (experience in the food service channel is a plus)
- excellent interpersonal, written/oral communication and presentation skills, including high level of competence with Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook)
- bachelor’s degree (preferred) or equivalent work experience
- a good knowledge of London
- a sense of humour, a passion for working hard toward a common goal, a thrill for building a brand, and, of course, a love for snacking!
- full clean driving license