Product Health helps make powered products work better and last longer by monitoring how well they are working and how they are being used. Sensors designed by us and our partners go into the battery box of off-grid solar systems in Sub-Saharan Africa, and into other powered devices, to understand how the system or device is doing, to optimise the performance and to provide power controls.
London, United Kingdom
20 Jun 2013
Opportunity has expired
We are looking for an energetic organiser, communicator and fixer, based in London, who can coordinate activity internationally, both inside Product Health and with our customers.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Product Health helps make powered products work better and last longer by monitoring how well they are working and how they are being used. And it helps make them more affordable for people by providing power controls to support pay-as-you-go, rental and other types of ongoing payments.
Sensors designed by us and our partners go into the battery box of off-grid solar systems and into other powered devices to understand how the system or device is doing, to monitor the performance and to provide power control. The data, which we analyse, is sent to a web service for distributors and owners of systems and devices to act on and to send communications to end users.Current customers include providers of Solar Home Systems for home and business use and an NGO implementing off-grid solar power at dairy farms in Niger. Product Health monitoring will be live in units in Kenya, Uganda and Niger in July.Our vision is for longer and healthier lives for powered products made possible by a better understanding of how products are working for people, and how they are used, and a greater influence on how well they are made to begin with. We are addressing the opportunity to improve the lifetime of off-grid solar systems and to support new business models for rural communities in Sub-Saharan Africa initially.What we are looking forWe are looking for an energetic organiser, communicator and fixer, based in London, who can coordinate activity internationally, both inside Product Health and with our customers. Your role will be hands-on and will combine the coordination of a number of activities such as: implementation planning, customer support, new product implementation, marketing and supply chain management.You will be part of a diverse and passionate team based in the UK, US, Ukraine, China, Kenya and Uganda working collaboratively to launch and grow this new impact venture. You will be driven by the ambition for greater understanding and transparency of how powered products work and the impact of this understanding for people and for planet.We’re looking for someone with a lot of energy and commitment to the vision of the business and to making this startup a success. We’re imagining that you’ve experienced the startup world before and/or initiated projects or ventures of your own that you’re passionate about. What you will be responsible for
You will be responsible for the effective coordination of the following activities:
- New business development including organising travel, meetings and events
- Customer liaison, management and logistics (consulting services, product orders and shipment, invoicing, technical support, quality assurance, documentation etc.)
- Marketing and social media activities, including organising local activity in launch countries
- Ongoing new product development (software and hardware) including capturing and prioritising new requirements or custom integration for some customers
- Product release (online service and physical devices) to customers
- Research programme: managing research partner relationships and overseeing the production
of research publications
- Back office including finance, people and office management
- Seeing the big picture: a passion to make a difference to millions and able to prioritise to get the big problems solved first. Your drive, logical thinking and collaboration with teams across the business will be key
- Team playing: we’ve got tons of inbound information and sometimes people want what seems impossible. You can break down problems to find the best solution for the business with the tools and resource available
- Brilliant communications: you’ll be dealing with lots of different people so your communication will be adaptable. But you’ll be consistently clear and concise (in both written and verbal comms)
- Forward thinking: scheduling, activity planning and task delegation are critical to our success – you’re relied upon by the whole business to deliver the goods
- Observing: detail, detail, detail. We are still building our technology platform and our current tools are a work-in-progress and that means our controls around planning and delivery are critical. Your eagle eye will spot something that could otherwise cause a jam and put us on hold
- Technology savvy: you instinctively take advantage of web and mobile services
- Responsible for meeting the needs of customers on a day-to-day basis
- Exposure to high-tech product development (either hardware or software)
- Exposure to an operational business, preferably in supply chain or logistics
- Working with an international team or teams, preferably outside Europe
- Part of a startup, innovative team or independent project with a challenging target
- Degree educated (or equivalent) in business, science, technology or engineering
- Lived or worked in Sub-Saharan Africa
- participated in sustainability projects (preferably renewable energy, water or supply chain)
- worked with or for a non-government organisation or international development department
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.