Raleigh International is a sustainable development charity. We harness the passion and energy of volunteers to effect positive change in sustainable development.
, United Kingdom
23 Sep 2011
Opportunity has expired
Volunteer overseas on expeditions with Raleigh International - Project Managers Needed!
, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
This exciting role on expedition involves organising and coordinating an environmental, community, and/or adventure project, whilst facilitating the personal development of the young people (aged 17 - 24) in the group. Working alongside one or two other Project Managers, you will take responsibility for ensuring the project’s success in a remote and challenging environment.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take ownership of a sustainable and worthwhile project, to inspire young people from a wide range of backgrounds and to make a real difference to the local people and environments of the host country.
Community projects range from building eco-sanitation toilets in India, gravity water feed systems in Nicaragua and kindergartens in Borneo. Environmental projects offer volunteers the opportunity to live in remote, beautiful locations whilst working to conserve the endangered ecosystems and animals such as sun bears in Borneo, sea turtles in Costa Rica or elephants in India.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Carrying out a planning visit following a briefing from the Country Director or Country Programme Manager
- Coordinating volunteers and project partners to achieve project goals previously established by Raleigh and project partners
- One to one support and coaching for young people and encouragement of personal development activities
- Facilitating group development
- Liaising with the logistics team regarding food and equipment requirements for the project
- Prepare emergency casualty evacuation plans and risk assessments
- Interest in working with and inspiring young people in remote, challenging environments
- Effective personal leadership skills and ability to develop other’s leadership skills
- Ability to manage demanding situations
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to listen, empathise and work with individuals from a variety of backgrounds
- Open to personal development concepts and willing to engage in own development
Our project managers have various different professional backgrounds, creating a diverse and dynamic team on expedition. We are looking for passionate and inspiring project managers. We provide two weeks intensive training at the beginning of the expedition. If you don't know how to set up a jungle camp or build eco-sanitation units, no worries, we'll teach you!
Expeditions are 8 or 13 weeks in length, and run throughout the year. Volunteers are required to fundraise for Raleigh International in order to join an expedition.
For further information please visit www.raleighinternational.org/our-expeditions/aged-25-and-over or sign up to attend an open event here. Alternatively, you can email Sophie on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 02071831295 for a chat about the opportunities available.
For further information please visit www.raleighinternational.org/our-expeditions/aged-25-and-over or come along and meet us at one of our open events. To sign up to attend an open event click here.
Alternatively, you can email Sophie on email@example.com or call 02071831295 for a chat about the opportunities available.
If you think this opportunity is for you, apply online here. We will then invite you to attend an assessment weekend, which is a great opportunity for you to learn more about Raleigh International, meet past volunteers and find out if this is the opportunity you have been looking for!
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.