Right to Dream
Right to Dream
Right to Dream is a registered charity in Ghana, the UK and US. Our mission is ‘to offer talented, underprivileged children the opportunity to reach their true potential in life and claim a better ...
30 Sep 2011
Opportunity has expired
TBC - competitive
Head of Talent
Highly networked Entrepreneur wanted for new talent development at the Right to Dream Academy Ghana
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
TBC - competitive
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Right to Dream is a registered charity in Ghana, the UK and US. Our mission is ‘to offer talented, underprivileged children the opportunity to reach their true potential in life and claim a better future for Africa’.
Right to Dream currently operates a non-profit making Academy in Ghana which offers five year scholarships to talented, underprivileged children to participate in our residential programme.The Academy runs an international school and a specialised football programme in conjunction with a pastoral programme designed to nurture personal development and leadership skills.
Graduates of the Academy pursue one of three pathways: professional football contracts, international scholarships or our vocational programme.
Right to Dream’s Growth Plans
Our over-riding philosophy is that all graduates are expected to help others achieve their dreams and contribute to the development of their country and continent. Our model has proven to be successful using football over the last 10 years and we know that it can be adapted to incorporate other talents, widening the opportunities we are able to offer to gifted children and providing them with the platform from which they can lead positive change in Africa.
Our growth plans involve establishing a variety of talent development programmes at the Academy for underprivileged boys and girls in the areas of:
- Academia; Academic Excellence and Leadership Excellence
- Arts; Visual and Performing Arts
- Other Sports; Girls Football, Paralympics, Tennis, Basketball, Athletics, Golf, Boxing and Olympic Sports.
We will establish role models across the spectrum who will provide inspiration for future generations to succeed and who will be at the forefront of claiming a better future for Africa.
The Opportunity - Head of Talent
There is a unique opportunity to become a part of Right to Dream’s growth plans. We are seeking a highly networked, self-motivated, entrepreneur to join Right to Dream’s dynamic team in Ghana and lead the establishment of a new talent development programme (either in sports, arts, or academia) at the Academy, based on our proven development model.
About the Role
Working closely with the Right to Dream growth team you will lead in the planning, design and delivery of a new talent* programme (*based on your area of expertise) at the Academy.
You will be responsible for identifying opportunities and securing agreements with strategic partners across the core areas of our development model in order to establish a sustainable talent development programme at the Academy.
We would expect you to both own the role and take the initiative with this role, but would anticipate you spending time:
- Identifying and generating leads, developing propositions and closing deals to secure support for the talent programme based on our development model.
- Working collaboratively with the Right to Dream growth and development team to identify new partnership and revenue generation opportunities.
This is a key role with plenty of scope. We would expect the ideal candidate to:
- Have a genuine passion for Africa, development, and your chosen talent and a strong desire to be involved in an innovative programme.
- Be hugely self-motivated, results driven, a real self starter, who can work independently with minimal support and guidance.
- Be a highly networked individual with contacts and influencing ability to ‘sell the vision’ of this new programme.
- Confident, with an ability to produce and deliver compelling pitches and propositions for support.
- Have a natural entrepreneurial flair, with a proven track record of spotting opportunities, developing business and closing contracts.
- Be highly ambitious with a ‘can do’ attitude.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.