An online publication for teenage girls featuring writing, photography, illustrations, videos, and more from a lovely staff and our readers. The site features monthly “issues,” each revolving around a theme. We post just three times a day – after school, after dinner, and before bed.
Any, United States
20 May 2013
Opportunity has expired
Rookie is a fast-growing but small operation; we work independently and remotely and we're looking for you!
Any, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
What you’ll be doing for Rookie:
- editing, copyediting, and fact-checking stories
- pitching stories, monthly editorial themes, and other kinds of content
- writing headlines and subheads
- publishing content in WordPress
- organizing and managing deadlines for each month’s editorial calendar
- managing deadlines for writers, illustrators, and photographers
- reviewing and editing submissions from readers
- helping to edit pieces for our annual print publication
- pitching contributions from and interviews with interesting people doing interesting work
- being on the lookout for outside content and new contributors for the site
- very light photo editing on occasion
- light social media
If this sounds like you, please click on the application instructions
send the following to email@example.com, with the subject line EDITOR APPLICATION:
2. An email including:
• A critique of the site: what you like, what you don’t, and why. What should we do more of? What should we do less of? What new kinds of things would you like to see on Rookie? (Specific examples are welcome.)
• 2 ideas for posts: These can be for any type of content (an essay, an interview, a video series, a short story, an excerpt, or just a specific writer you think we should work with).
• 1 idea for a monthly theme: Let us know how you see the theme being expressed aesthetically, and what that month’s stories might include.
• Links to your social media pages (Tumblr, Twitter, etc.) and to your blog, if you have one.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.