Seedrs is one of the leading equity crowdfunding platforms in the world. We let investors invest as little or as much as they like in businesses they care about, and we let entrepreneurs raise capital from friends, family, angels, institutions and the crowds, all through a simple, online process. We were the first equity crowdfunding platform in the world to gain regulatory approval, and since our launch we have earned awards and set records that include the following: won London Web Summit Startup Competition (February 2012); named one of the Top 20 Startups for 2013 by startups.co.uk (December 2012); launched and closed first-ever crowdfunded cohort campaign (October 2013); became first equity crowdfunding platform to expand across Europe (November 2013); won the Great British Startups Cup 2014 (July 2014); launched and closed first-ever crowdfunding convertible equity campaign (July 2014); launched and closed first-ever equity crowdfunding campaign for a listed company (September 2014). We are currently funding an average of over £1.5 million a month into approximately 10 deals per month, and we are seeing over 500% year-on-year growth. As importantly, we pride ourselves on our “crowdfunding done right” approach, building a sustainable business that treats our users—both investors and businesses—well over the long term. We are backed by a group of top investors including DFJ Esprit, Faber Ventures, Luke Johnson and many other angels, along with our own customers.
London, United Kingdom
11 Mar 2014
Opportunity has expired
We're looking for a new Associate to join the Seedrs Investment Team.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Seedrs is the leading European equity crowdfunding platform.
We let investors invest from as little as £10 in startups they choose through a simple online process, and we allow entrepreneurs to raise investment from friends, family and independent investors. In the short time since we launched, we have funded 66 deals, with over £6.2 million invested across them.
We are authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and were the first equity crowdfunding platform in the world to gain regulatory approval.
Seedrs has received significant media attention and praise since it launched. The Guardian has counted us as one of East London’s hottest 20 tech startups, The Telegraph called us one of the best crowdfunding sites in Britain; Startups.co.uk ranked us among the top 20 startups in the country; and GQ named our CEO one of Britain’s 100 most influential men in 2013.
You can see more information about our company and our team at http://www.seedrs.com
The Investment Associate will be responsible for:
- Reviewing campaigns submitted by startups seeking investment through Seedrs.
- Liaising with entrepreneurs on a daily basis to assist them in finalising their campaigns.
- Assisting with due diligence on startups that successfully raise investment through Seedrs.
- Preparing documentation for startups that successfully raise investment through Seedrs.
- Managing our post-completion relationship with startups that raise investment, including providing support, assistance and introductions, monitoring compliance with legal documentation and enforcing investor rights.
Desired Skills and
- A genuine passion for entrepreneurship and innovation. If you don’t believe that startups will change the world, this job is not for you.
- Some experience of working in a professional environment preferred, but recent graduates are welcome.
- Strong organisational skills are essential, as well as the ability to effectively manage multiple tasks under pressure.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a superb telephone manner are also essential – this role requires strong sales skills without being “salesy”.
- Attention to detail and the ability to be consistently thorough in your approach to your work.
- Fluent English and excellent writing skills.
- A willingness to work flexibly. We are a very fast growing company, and we need to operate with all hands on deck. Our CEO makes the tea, and you should be happy to do so as well.
- General awesomeness. While we may be impressed by your grades, we will be more impressed if you are a hard-working and pleasant person who adds significant value to the team. We all work hard and enjoy each other’s company.
Individual applicants by email only to: email@example.com. We will not accept phone calls or agencies regarding this role.
Please mention Escape the City when you apply.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.