We are looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join our rapidly growing business on a temporary basis, commencing 18th March until 5th April, with potential to extend until August 2013.
Perform accounting and clerical tasks related to the efficient maintenance and processing of accounts payable transactions. Completes payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying and reconciling invoices.
· Review invoices, agree to purchase order and process invoices in the accounting system.
· Reconcile supplier statements to accounting system supplier account, liaising with suppliers on differences in records.
· Ensure all credit notes are received from suppliers and processed.
· Correspond with vendors and respond to inquiries
· Reconcile monthly credit card statements ensuring all payments are matched accurately to invoices on the system.
· Prepare and process accounts payable cheques, electronic transfers and payments.
· Review employee expense reclaims, verify against receipts and company expense policy. Charge expenses to employee accounts payable accounts and cost centers.
· Assist in month end close.
· File supplier invoices daily.
Education and Experience
· One to three years accounts payable and general accounting experience.
· Experience of an accounting package essential, of Netsuite desired.
· Good working knowledge of excel and word.
· Proficient in data entry and management in multiple currencies.
- Effective organization and prioritization using judgement when required.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good at analysing information and solving problems.
- Excellent communication skills using diplomacy as required.