SI² Fund is an impact investment fund with the mission to generate high social impact and a fair financial return through sustainable investments in social enterprises. Societal challenges are legi...
30 Oct 2013
Opportunity has expired
We are a social impact organisation working to achieve positive returns for our partners along with a significant social impact through investments in social enterprises.
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
SI2 Fund (Social Impact through Sustainable Investments), a Belgian CVBA, is an investment partnership created to achieve positive returns for its partners along with a significant social impact through investments in social enterprises.
SI² Fund was initiated by i-propeller, a leading strategy consulting firm dedicated to social business innovation, together with a number of high net worth Belgian families keen on supporting social enterprises. SI² Fund is the leading Belgian fund of its kind with an initial target size of 15m€, of which 12m€ are already committed. It has a regional focus on a 300km radius around Brussels.
SI2 Fund is part of Oksigen, a full-service ecosystem for social entrepreneurship, composed of independent organisations, aiming to stimulate social entrepreneurship and maximize social impact. Each organisation in the ecosystem has a clear focus. The strength of the ecosystem is in the cooperation and the synergies between the various organisations. Through the ecosystem, Oksigen can address the different needs of a social entrepreneur, whether it be incubation, coaching, business planning or seed funding.
SI² Fund has a unique focus in that it aims to generate superior societal returns and a fair financial return by investing in innovative social enterprises. By putting together a fund management team with a combination of investment acumen and support skills for social enterprises, SI2 Fund is uniquely positioned in the social impact capital community.
SI2 Fund, a social impact investment fund, is looking for an Investment Manager with significant experience in private equity or venture capital and with a strong belief in social entrepreneurship.
The Investment Manager will work within the Fund Management team of i-propeller. The Fund management team consists at this moment of three persons. The Investment Manager will be involved in all investment-related aspects of the fund, including:
Origination of deal flow:
- Advising the Board on sourcing strategy
- Executing the strategy
- Conducting desktop analyses of businesses (financials markets products and competitors) including modelling business plans
Execution of investment projects from deal intake through closing, including due diligence, valuation, drafting of investment proposals to the Investment Committee, negotiation and structuring..
- Assisting investee companies to take them to the next level of growth
- Representing the Fund in the investee companies and contributing to their social and financial value creation.
- Hands-on involvement in financial management of and operational support to investee companies will be required in some cases.
SI² Fund operational support, including reporting, implementing and improving governance and developing partnerships with other stakeholders.
Experience and Education:
- At least 3 to 5 years experience in private equity/venture capital as investment manager with a demonstrated track record of most if not all above mentioned responsibilities as Investment Manager.
- Experience in active management of early stage investments, with track record of supporting companies to succeed
- Knowledge of and passion for social entrepreneurship and the mission of SI2 Fund
- MBA or master’s degree in economics/finance or equivalent experience
- Access to pipeline of new social investment deals in region Brussels + 300km would be a plus
- Experience in microfinance, social entrepreneurship or social impact investing is a plus
- A track record of success that demonstrates initiative, self motivation and drive
- Excellent interpersonal and intercultural communication skills
- Fluency in English and French or Dutch is a must
Submit your cover letter and resume including salary requirements by 10th of November to Fried Roggen, Fund manager, Hertogsstraat 41, 1000 Brussel or at email@example.com, mentioning ‘Investment Manager’
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.