Working to educate & inspire leaders to apply accelerating technologies to address global challenges! Next Programs: October 5-12; December 7-14, 2013
Moffett Field, CA, United States
22 Jul 2013
Opportunity has expired
Director, Corporate Innovation
Help assemble, educate and inspire a new generation of leaders.
Moffett Field, CA, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
- Develop new business to create the world’s leading corporate innovation center at Singularity University
- Includes overall P&L responsibility for business line
- Develop and manage relationships with corporate innovation teams and R&D team clients
- Oversee design, funding, and build out of physical space – keeping project on time and on budget
- Source and manage key relationships with partners and vendors
- Interact and integrate with start-ups, other internal areas of SU, and the SU community
- MBA, or equivalent experience, coupled with at least 10 years of consulting experience with an innovation focus, or within a Fortune 500 Corporate Innovation team
- You are a thought leader in corporate innovation. You embody and demonstrate best practices in corporate ideation. processes, structure, approvals, politics, etc.
- You are well versed in start-up innovation as well, and understand first-hand how it relates to the larger corporate world
- You effectively foster, develop, and oversee relationships with key corporate clients (R&D teams, innovation teams, etc.), vendors, and partners
- You understand the demands of working in a start-up and are eager to do it again.
About Singularity University:
Singularity University is a visionary educational institute whose mission is to educate, inspire, and enable a new generation of leaders who strive to understand, develop, and deploy exponentially advancing technologies to address humanity’s Grand Challenges. We are currently located on the NASA Research Park in Mountain View, CA. We host a Graduate Summer Program, and a variety of Executive Programs, conferences, and online events.
We are looking for individuals who want to contribute directly to the growth and success of our programs. Our fast-paced environment requires intensive coordination and constant interaction with the brightest minds and newest technologies in a range of technology fields. Our organizational culture values a constant pursuit of excellence and adaptability to growth and change.
About you: Joining the Singularity University Team:
We are looking for individuals who are bright, dedicated, who love technology, and who are exceptional in their field. We thrive on interpersonal interaction with bright minds and the newest technologies from a variety of disciplines. We have ambitious ideas and plans, and need the right people to help develop and execute them. The right people have a combination of the following attributes:
- Passion – People who join Singularity University do so because they are passionate about the mission, the people, and the ideas. We shouldn’t settle for less and neither should you.
- Execution – As a small organization, team members need to be able to drive results with little resources and direction. This means taking initiative with a “get it done” attitude. In short, you have to be a builder and not just a manager.
- Personal integrity - Team members must maintain the quality of the organization, brand, customer experience, and their own work product at all times. Pride in your work as a representative of the organization is essential.
- Humility – We are successful as a team, and we started as a non-profit, so we are looking for people who are most comfortable when they are working towards a larger goal with other people, and not prioritizing their own personal gain or politics. In short, you have to thrive in a team environment.
- Positivity – Our organization focuses on what can be done to change the world, and how each of us can help, so positive, open, and friendly people who are great communicators are most comfortable here.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.