Skillshare is a community marketplace for classes. Our mission is simple. Reunite learning with education and make it accessible to every single person on this planet. Anyone can learn anything, at...
New York, United States
20 Jun 2013
Opportunity has expired
If you live to build brands that have a positive impact, we want you.
New York, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Skillshare is looking for a thorough, analytical and experienced marketing coordinator to join our growing marketing team. You will be responsible for developing and executing our day-to-day digital marketing campaigns efforts, with a focus on online channels (email, SEM, social, display, affiliate, retargeting, etc.). This is a crucial role - your mission is to build, execute, and optimize Skillshare's customer acquisition, activation, and retention campaigns.
If you live to build brands that have a positive impact, we want you. If the only ideas that excite you are big ones - the most impossible ones - this is your cultural home. You've got genuine passion and creativity, and data is your favorite snack.
You must be highly analytical, exceedingly ROI-focused, and have direct experience marketing via online channels. You've got startup experience and have the desire to build a growing business from the ground up.
Please note that before an offer is made, you will be have to set up reference calls with previous direct managers, which will help the Skillshare team understand how best to work together.
- Develop and implement online paid customer acquisition campaigns to drive user awareness, direct traffic, and acquisition (i.e., CAC, LTV)
- Generate qualified traffic and acquire customers across online marketing channels, including SEM, social media networks, affiliate, video, retargeting, etc.
- Coordinate and execute strategic partnerships through social media and email campaigns.
- Create and manage customer lifecycle including both retention and referral campaigns (i.e. CRM)
- Continually monitor, report on, and optimize campaign performance using split and multivariate testing, executing changes based on quantitative, actionable insight
- Distill and provide insights for various cross-functional, internal teams and the marketing team
- Partner with Skillshare's VP of Marketing and Acquisition Marketing Manager to ensure successful execution of Skillshare's acquisition marketing strategy
- 2+ years experience managing email and display campaigns, SEM, and other digital channels to drive customer acquisition, with proven track record of driving results within budget
- Exceptional Attention to detail and copywriting skills
- Highly collaborative team player with a history of effectively forming cross-functional partnerships
- Highly analytical and data driven, but also have a passion for creativity and staying ahead of the trends
- Strong organizational and execution skills, attention to detail and ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Experience in effectively targeting specific customer demographics
- Deep expertise with marketing at startup and growth companies
- Ability to manage and drive scalable and repeatable processes
- Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Google Analytics skills.
Skillshare is a global-learning community for real-world skills. We're hiring for our headquarters in New York City. We offer a competitive compensation package including equity options for all employees.
Our hiring processes are unusually thorough. There are competency interviews, a homework assignment, and also a chronological interview in which we ask about your entire career - all your successes, mistakes, key decisions, and key relationships. All finalists are asked to arrange personal reference calls with former managers.
The benefits to high performers who apply are many: 1) you'll join our team of other high performers; 2) career opportunities with Skillshare are unusually good because so many high performers continue to grow the company; 3) 90% of people who join us are happy on the job a year later and are rated High Performer; and 4) within a couple weeks of joining us you'll receive comprehensive coaching to help you assimiliate smoothly, perform very quickly, and begin formulating your individual development plan to help you grow.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.