The Sokoni Group is a deal origination firm, specialising in sourcing growth potential companies and matching them with regional and international investors.Through it’s network of individuals work...
London, United Kingdom
7 Jan 2014
Opportunity has expired
Africa Investment Analyst - Internship
We're looking for an energetic analyst to assist a fast moving Africa investment advisory firm.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Through it's network of individuals working in multiple sectors across Africa, Sokoni Group provides screened deals, due diligence services and post investment advice to investors, allowing them to overcome the many challenges they may face.
The ideal candidate will be a recently graduated student that is: resourceful, detail-oriented, and passionate about the development of Africa.
A successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- A keen interest in development and growing businesses in Africa.
- The ability to understand a complex and evolving market conditions.
- Political and financial knowedge of emerging markets.
- Presentation and client-facing skills.
A successful Analyst Intern will be critical to the success of a dynamic company in a complex industry.
Interns will be involved in high-level decisions and will work in teams to develop new business for Sokoni. Assignments will vary according to competence and demonstrated initiative, but will include attending client meetings, research on industries and businesses, writing reports on politics and country overviews.
The duration of the internship would be 8 weeks of roughly 20+ hours per week, some of it can be done from home.
- To carry out proactive and rapid desk-based analysis of countries, companies, sectors and markets.
- To present findings effectively and eloquently in written, verbal and visual formats.
- To prepare Sokoni employees for country visits with research, by fixing meetings and developing contacts.
- To participate in client meetings and represent the company at conferences and events.
Please submit a resume and cover letter (no more than one page each) email@example.com.
Qualified candidates will be subsequently asked for a writing sample and two professional or academic references.
The duration of the internship would be 8 weeks of roughly 20+ hours per week, some of it could be done from home.
Deadline: Applications for this position will be accepted immediately. We will review applicants on a rolling basis.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.