Solarcentury, the UK's most experienced solar energy company, was founded in 1998 to design and supply solar energy solutions for the built environment. We sell solar photovoltaic (PV) panels, PV m...
London, United Kingdom
6 Aug 2013
Opportunity has expired
Assistant Project Manager
We’re in it for the long-haul. This isn’t just our business, it’s our mission. Join us.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
What’s more, we’re in it for the long-haul. This isn’t just our business, it’s our mission. Our commitment to making solar accessible is deep-rooted and long-term, and our solidly-established business is growing steadily worldwide.
What we do
We work directly with our clients to develop, design and install commercial, industrial and utility-scale solar.
We supply our products and services to installers and distributors.
We manufacture the award-winning range of C21e tiles and slates.
All our customers benefit from our experience in terms of engineering quality, superior yields and sheer breadth of deployment.Job details:This role supports a team of Project Managers to deliver Solarcentury’s solar installation programmes both in the UK and overseas. The role is primarily administrative but the role will progress to include the management of small-scale projects.
Key activities and responsibilities:
- Draft, check and issue project documentation such as Operation and Maintenance manuals
- Help the project management team work efficiently by focussing on the management and development of processes, systems and materials
- Design and maintain project management templates
- Co-ordinate close-out and archiving of completed projects
- Assist the project management team with general and routine administrative tasks and duties, as required e.g. scanning, photocopying, and compiling documents
- Produce regular progress reports for the Project Management team
- Provide holiday cover for Assistant Project Managers & Project Managers
- Material ordering
- Tracking budgets and maintaining accurate cost forecasts
- Forecasting and tracking revenue to meet targets
- Responsible for keeping project administration up to date
- Use of Navision, MS Office and CRM software packages to monitor and record project activities
- Provide feedback to design and product development teams to assist in the evolution of system and product designs
- Support the sales team in preparation of bids and in the final stages of contract closure
- Support the customer service team in remedial works on warranty projects
- Support the marketing team by supplying project information to aid the production of case studies and other marketing materials
- Education level: ‘A’ Level or equivalent is essential & degree essential
- Ideally have some experience of administration and procedures within a customer service support related role;
- Interest and experience in renewable technologies (preferably PV)
- An understanding of construction health & safety regulations desirable;
- Proactive and able to take initiative;
- Accepts responsibility related to the carrying out of defined duties;
- Prepared to carry out routine tasks and follow company procedures;
- Effective planning and co-ordination of multiple tasks is essential. A knowledge of project planning processes would be an advantage;
- Able to meet deadlines so plans time effectively and prioritise tasks, seeking guidance where necessary;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- A good, working knowledge of standard IT packages such as word, excel, Acrobat, ERP and CRM systems (e.g. Navision);
- Ability to communicate professionally in a clear, concise and well-structured manner;
- Builds relationships with internal teams and with customers and suppliers;
- Able to remain calm and professional under pressure. Maintain a positive approach;
- Able to identify methods for improving own activities and processes in use within the customer service team;
- Has an interest in the environment and Solarcentury’s working principles.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.