SOLS 24/7 is an international organisation focused on providing holistic education programs to urban and rural communities throughout Southeast Asia. Our core program is to provide education in English, IT and Life Skills. We have projects running in Cambodia, East Timor, Laos, India, Japan, Thailand and Malaysia. Over the past 13 years, SOLS 24/7 has trained over 130,000 youths. SOLS 24/7 offers a range of educational programs which cater for children, youth and adults, using SOLS Smart methodologies. We train and develop underprivileged youth to become skilled, dynamic & socially conscious.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
6 Dec 2013
Opportunity has expired
Project 100 Community Development Officer
Paid community work in Malaysia. We are looking for amazing motivated people to run community centers in underprivileged areas.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
We are looking for motivated people, ready to devote 1 year of their life to an amazing, non-formal education program for underprivileged people in Malaysia. We are expanding Project 100 in 2014 to open 70 new community centers. We will build the capacity of these communities by providing access to free education in English, computer literacy to bridge the widening technology gap, and teach life skills and motivation leading to sustainable employment.
We believe in the power of knowledge. Our Community Development Officers will run and manage a new Community Centre in an underprivileged community in Malaysia to teach, engage and empower the local communities to which they are sent. We have a number of paid placements for international applicants on a yearly renewable contract. It is a demanding and rewarding role, which would suit exceptional socially motivated individuals looking for a new challenge.
· An amazing opportunity to work and learn with SOLS 24/7, one of the most successful social enterprises in south-east Asia;
· The opportunity to discover Malaysian culture, meet interesting people and improve your teaching and social skills;
· Three weeks free training on the use of SOLS 24/7 teaching methodology in our training centre headquarters in Kuala Lumpur;
· Full accommodation and food provided, plus Rm1000 per month salary on successful completion of probationary period;
· A bonus of 5-6 month salary on completion of the 12 month contract;
· Accident insurance and visa costs;
· Travel costs from Headquarters in Kuala Lumpur to your community placement.
N.B. SOLS 24/7 cannot cover your return flight to Malaysia or health insurance costs.
Minimum contract: 12 months
- Between 21 and 55 years old
- Clear English speaking, reading and writing
- Proof of bachelors degree
- Proficient in MS Office suite
- Demonstrable interest in education, NGOs, and poverty alleviation issues
- Able to manage a community education programme
- Open minded and sensitive regarding religious belief and culture.
- Willing to live in a local community
- Confident, flexible, responsible and motivated.
- Experience working for an NGO (desirable)
- Non-formal teaching experience (desirable)
· Manage a Project 100 Community Centre in liaison with village head and local stakeholders, with support from SOLS 24/7 HQ
· Liaise and work with local community leaders on any administrative matters and maintain good relationships with neighbors in the local community
· Deliver SOLS unique teaching programme in English, computer literacy and Motivation with support of volunteers and local trainees to adults and children
· Plan and prepare classes and group courses, assess and report on the development, progress and attainment of students
· Organise regular community engagement activities such as sports, community clean ups, tree planting, etc...
· Plan and deliver community awareness programmes such as in oral hygiene, women's rights, sexual health etc...
· Prepare monthly reports and evaluations for submission to the Admin and Reports Department at the HQ
· Attend meetings at the HQ as and when necessary
· Promote the progress and well-being of students, provide guidance to pupils on both educational and personal matters
· Participate in formal and non-formal functions for SOLS 24/7 as required.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.