We’re a small team with a big vision: reinventing higher education from scratch. What would that path after secondary school look like if we started over with current knowledge and technology? We think it would blend world class online content (think the best of Harvard and Stanford), learning by solving real-world problems (think McKinsey or Google), and high-quality offline coaching by people who know what it takes to excel as a 21st century professional. We’re launching in Kenya early next year and we aim to be reaching tens of thousands of people across emerging countries within five years.
25 Oct 2013
Opportunity has expired
Internationally competitive salary and benefits.
Head Professional Coach
An experienced professional with exceptional people skills to be founding leader of new model to change higher education around the world
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
Internationally competitive salary and benefits.
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Spire is hiring an exceptional individual coming from a high performing professional environment to be the leading edge of its new approach to building 21st century talent. The Head Business Coach will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
We’re a small team with a big vision: reinventing higher education from scratch. What would that path after secondary school look like if we started over with current knowledge and technology?
We think it would blend world class online content (think the best of Harvard and Stanford), learning by solving real-world problems (think McKinsey or Google), and high-quality offline coaching by people who know what it takes to excel as a 21st century professional (that’s you). We’re launching in Kenya early next year and we aim to be reaching tens of thousands of people across emerging countries within five years.
Have you been highly successful in demanding professional environments? Are you appalled that we can make driverless cars but still fail to provide most people with the basic skills they need to thrive?
Are you hungry to change the world by building the
way education should be done? Do you love working with people and helping them realize
their potential? Do you want to push your own boundaries and grow as fast as
our new model? If so, then we want you to be a founding member of Spire.
As a leader of Spire’s coaching team, you will be responsible for translating big ideas about the future of education into excellent execution.
You will help develop new training techniques with the rigor of an investor examining a business. And you will use those techniques every day with dozens of talented young people. The success of our new model and of our students will depend on how you do this work. If you are successful, you will grow into a manager and leader of our movement.
- We’re taking on one of the biggest problems in the world: youth unemployment is soaring and emerging businesses are starved for skills
- We’re a social enterprise and are funded so far with $1M+ secured and another $1M on the way
- Our non-profit sister organization kepler.org, where we’re also part of the founding team, received more than 2,500 applications for the first 50 spots and has been written up in Scientific American, Fast Company, and The Chronicle of Higher Education, which thinks our work will be a solution for the educational problems in the US as well.
- Our leadership has spent decades working and training in top institutions like McKinsey, the Clinton Foundation, and Harvard Business School and believes there are only two things that drive game-changing organizations: great people and great culture.
- We are a lifestyle, not a job: you will be challenged every day and, as a result, you will grow more and feel you have had more impact on the world that at any other point in your life
- We offer competitive salary and benefits and the chance to work with a team of awesome, inspiring people
- You have at least a couple years of experience in high-performing professional environments
- You have exceptional ability to understand and work with people
- You are hungry to learn something new every day and see failures as a way to grow
- You are consistently inspiring and inspired
- You can creatively solve problems as the world changes rapidly around you
- You have the fire to do whatever it takes to help the rocket ship that is Spire leave orbit
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.