We want to connect millions of people with their favorite songs and create a service that people love to use. We believe music should be easily accessible and that listening to music enriches people's lives. We want to create a win-win situation for people who love listening to music and artists who love creating music.
Spotify would not be as great without our free model. Through advertising and the partners we bring to our platform, we are able to share Spotify around the world. We are looking for a talented Key Account Manager to join our Mexican Team based in Mexico City. We’re looking for someone with a proven record of revenue generation and a deep interest and passion for online media and innovation. You will sell creative solutions to partners, agencies, and their clients which will help drive their businesses forward.
We want people who reflect the attitudes of the company that made it the success it is today: tenacity, entrepreneurial, tireless and prepared to push boundaries. We are looking for a hungry self-starter, with a passion for music and media, and the contacts and experience to hit the ground running. You should be confident without ever being arrogant and you work hard, but know how to have fun.
THE MISSION SHOULD WE CHOOSE YOU TO ACCEPT IT
- Sell display advertising, audio formats, and other ad space in order to grow advertising revenues by creating, maintaining, and sustaining relationships with media agencies, creative agencies, and clients directly
- Work across multiple agency departments, i.e. radio, digital, branded content and innovation teams, to deliver successful campaigns
- Coordinate with communications planning team and strategic planners, account directors, and buyers to create successful ad campaigns
- Partner with internal marketing, brand partnerships, and label relations teams to maximize revenue for Spotify and our partners
- Focus on brand sell, educating and inspiring our clients to use Spotify to enhance their business
- Meet and exceed advertising revenue goals
- Attend weekly and monthly sales meetings as required
- Represent Spotify at events and serve as a brand ambassador
- Educating the market about the unique characteristics of Spotify’s service and how it benefits brands and consumers
WHAT YOU NEED TO GET AN AUDITION
- BA/BS degree
- 4+ years of experience in a media agency/online sales role
- Knowledge of online and offline media and the ability to be creative with audio and digital client solutions
- Must have a very strong book of contacts
- Proven record of effective and well-organized pitching and selling backed by results
- Dexterity in creating reports and presentations using Excel, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc.
- Strong negotiation skills and the ability to present effectively and close the deal
- Clear understanding of digital advertising metrics
- Ability to work in a start-up, fast-paced environment and across external and internal teams to deliver creative, fresh campaigns
- Highly motivated self-starter, who is hungry to win, with an entrepreneurial mindset
- Fluency in both written and oral Spanish and English is essential.
We are a start-up environment and growing fast. Within Spotify, there are great opportunities to develop ones career in a fast-moving, international, high-tech environment, flavored by music and fun. We seek top-performers who are eager to hone their skills and help us build a world-class Ad Sales team.
If you’re up for the challenge, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit your resume in English only.