Our goal is to help create opportunities through education for some of the most vulnerable children in the world. We work directly with street children in their own environment towards reunification with their families, reintroduction to education & the creation of a sustainable home-life for their ongoing upbringing. From 2010 to 2012 we helped more than 10,000 children gain access to education.
Makeni, Sierra Leone
26 Nov 2012
Opportunity has expired
Events/Fundraising/Marketing Volunteer, The Clubhouse Bar, Makeni, Sierra Leone
Use your events and marketing experience to generate thousands of pounds to help some of the most vulnerable children in the world.
Makeni, Sierra Leone
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
We are looking for a volunteer who will bring enthusiasm and initiative to The Clubhouse Bar. The focus will be on maximising profit through reaching out to new and existing customers, improving services offered and assisting in the monitoring and motivation of staff. Events are key to the profitability of the venue and draw big crowds; the ideal volunteer will be willing to take a lead on planning and organising events whilst involving local staff and management.
The role involves:
- Taking a lead in planning and organising regular events, for example, fundraisers, band nights, pub quiz nights, themed parties, sports screenings, BBQs, etc.
- Driving profits by marketing The Clubhouse Bar and its events to potential customers through posters, promotions, facebook updates, etc.
- Promoting the work of Street Child of Sierra Leone to customers and local businesses by ensuring visibility of our projects within all commercial venues.
- Building links with local businesses, musicians, etc. and encouraging use of The Clubhouse Bar as a venue for all kinds of meetings and events.
- Planning and conducting weekly staff training to ensure highest quality service
- Working with the Unit Manager to ensure effective monitoring of staff and accounts, particularly on event nights and weekends.
- Assisting in kitchen management including menu changes, nightly specials and ensuring availability of all advertised items.
- Taking initiative in recommending improvements to the venue, for example, decoration, entertainment, etc.
If this is a challenge that appeals to you or if you simply want to find out a bit more about it then please get in touch.
Please send your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.