Our goal is to help create opportunities through education for some of the most vulnerable children in the world. We work directly with street children in their own environment towards reunification with their families, reintroduction to education & the creation of a sustainable home-life for their ongoing upbringing. From 2010 to 2012 we helped more than 10,000 children gain access to education.
London, United Kingdom
8 Aug 2013
Opportunity has expired
RESEARCH + FUNDRAISING INTERN
Amazing opportunity for someone keen to discover new skills in the charity sector!
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Street Child is a UK based charity that currently runs programmes across Sierra Leone and has established itself as a leading organisation providing quality and sustainable education to thousands of children.
Street Child runs two programmes:
1. ‘No Child Left Behind’ delivers high impact projects to reduce the number of children dependent on the nation’s streets and reintegrates them into family life and school
2. ‘Every Child in School’ focuses on providing first time education to rural communities giving them their first ever school and teacher training. ECiS aims to prevent children in rural villages migrating to urban centres and ending up dependent on the street for survival.
Between 2008 when it was launched and 2012, Street Child reunited 2,000 street children with their families and created educational opportunities for more than 10,000 children.
At Street Child, we are very proud of our volunteer-based approach. Our small London team provides strategic oversight for the programme work in Sierra Leone, focuses on fundraising and events for the development and expansion of Street Child. We are very lucky to have some fantastic volunteers committed to our cause, and we are now looking for an outstanding individual to undertake a research and fundraising internship.
We are looking for someone to commit to a 3 month internship for 3-5 days a week, and are willing to consider flexible working arrangements (e.g. home working) The internship is unpaid, but travel expenses will be reimbursed, and you will be part of a small team led by the Programme Funding Manager.
· Researching new funding prospects, including trusts, foundations and major donors;
· Writing fundraising proposals with the support of the Programme Funding Manager;
· Supporting the Programme Funding Manager with institutional donor funding, from prospection to grant management
· Supporting major fundraising events as required (e.g. the Sierra Leone Marathon)
Street Child is a small and dynamic team, and depending on performance and business need, there may also be opportunities to become involved in other areas such as Street Child’s social enterprise and new programmes, or to undertake a volunteer placement in West Africa.
· Excellent academic credentials
· Self-motivated and pro-active, with the ability to work as part of a team;
· Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and a highly professional manner;
· Strong administrative and numerical skills, and a proven knowledge of IT systems, particularly Excel and Powerpoint;
· An interest in Africa, international affairs and/or international development;
· Previous office experience is highly desirable;· Experience of researching and/or writing grant applications an advantage
We are looking for candidates who can start ASAP. Please send a CV and cover letter, together with your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm Monday 19th August for the attention of Helen Ong, with the job title in the subject box.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.