Our goal is to help create opportunities through education for some of the most vulnerable children in the world. We work directly with street children in their own environment towards reunification with their families, reintroduction to education & the creation of a sustainable home-life for their ongoing upbringing. From 2010 to 2012 we helped more than 10,000 children gain access to education.
London, United Kingdom
21 Oct 2013
Opportunity has expired
Creative individual required to give 50 quid to teams and individuals as part of our epic fundraising challenge!
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Street Child is a UK based charity that currently runs programmes across Sierra Leone and has established itself as a leading organisation providing quality and sustainable education to thousands of children.
Street Child runs two programmes:
- ‘No Child Left Behind’ delivers high impact projects to reduce the number of children dependent on the nation’s streets and reintegrates them into family life and school
- ‘Every Child in School’ focuses on providing first time education to rural communities giving them their first ever school and teacher training. ECiS aims to prevent children in rural villages migrating to urban centres and ending up dependent on the street for survival.
Between 2008 when it was launched and 2012, Street Child reunited 2,000 street children with their families and created educational opportunities for more than 10,000 children.
At Street Child, we are very proud of our volunteer-based approach and are currently running a challenge event to engage supporters, old and new, to fundraise for us. The 50 Quid Challenge tests individuals and teams to raise as much money as possible for Street Child with £50 given to them by the charity.
To assist with the challenge, we are looking for an outstanding individual to undertake a minimum three-month internship for 3-5days a week based in our London office (travel expenses paid, hours flexible) reporting directly to the Charity Manager.
The position will require the ability to engage new supporters to take
on the challenge, as well as supporting them in maximising their fundraising
potential. The goal is to engage as many
people as possible to help us reach a significant fundraising target by
Christmas. The internship would also
involve effective administration across the entire programme.
This is an excellent opportunity for anyone looking to play a key role within the growth of an exciting new facet of a rapidly expanding organisation.
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Experience of working effectively towards set goals within a specified timeframe;
- Fundraising experience.
- The ability to demonstrate a target-driven approach to their work;
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently;
- A proactive and professional approach;
- - strong academic credentials;
- - a keen interest in charity and development.
We are looking for candidates who can start as soon as possible.
Please send a CV and cover letter, together with your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org by 28th October 2013 for the attention of Helen Ong, with the job title in the subject box.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.