Our goal is to help create opportunities through education for some of the most vulnerable children in the world. We work directly with street children in their own environment towards reunification with their families, reintroduction to education & the creation of a sustainable home-life for their ongoing upbringing. From 2010 to 2012 we helped more than 10,000 children gain access to education.
London, United Kingdom
6 Feb 2014
Opportunity has expired
Project Assistant Intern
Independent, self motivated individual required to support and lead on exciting charity projects.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Street Child is a UK based
charity that currently runs programmes across Sierra Leone and has established
itself as a leading organisation providing quality and sustainable education to
thousands of children.
Street Child runs two programmes:
1. ‘No Child Left Behind’ delivers high impact projects to reduce the number of children dependent on the nation’s streets and reintegrates them into family life and school
2. ‘Every Child in School’ focuses on providing first time education to rural communities giving them their first ever school and teacher training. ECiS aims to prevent children in rural villages migrating to urban centres and ending up dependent on the street for survival.
All of Street Child’s programmes are delivered through our dedicated local partners. Together Over the past five years, we have supported over 20,000 children in Sierra Leone and Liberia to access education.
At Street Child, we are very proud of our volunteer-based approach. Our small London team provides strategic oversight for the programme work in Sierra Leone, focuses on fundraising and events for the development and expansion of Street Child. We are very lucky to have some fantastic volunteers committed to our cause, and we are now looking for an outstanding individual to undertake a Project Assistant internship.
The main focus of this position will be to support our preparations for the 5th Birthday celebrations at Kensington Palace as well as proactively supporting our Every Child in School campaign. This position would suit someone looking for a varied range of experience in a busy charity environment and would offer the opportunity to get involved in different charity aspects, from events to community fundraising, to working on a campaign.
We are looking for someone to commit to a 3 month internship for 3 days a week. The internship is unpaid, but travel expenses will be reimbursed and you will be part of a small team led by the Charity Manager.
- Leading on engaging and supporting runners for the Royal Parks Half Marathon.
- Research and contact organisations to support the 5th Birthday event.
- Data management of key contacts for events.
- Creatively supporting the community fundraising team.
- Attending career fairs and events to promote the charity and its initiatives.
- Assisting in visa applications and flight bookings for staff and volunteers visiting West Africa.
- Minute taking and circulating to internal staff.
- General admin duties to support the smooth running of the office.
- Highly organised;
- Self-motivated and pro-active is essential, with the ability to work as part of a team;
- Excellent time management;
- Attention to detail and the ability to multi-task is essential.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, and a highly professional manner;
- Strong administrative and numerical skills, and a proven knowledge of IT systems, particularly Word, Excel and Powerpoint;
- An interest in Africa, international affairs and/or international development;
- Previous office experience is highly desirable;
We are looking for candidates who can start ASAP. Please send a CV and cover letter, together with your availability to firstname.lastname@example.org by 3rd March 2014 for the attention of Helen Ong, with the job title in the subject box. Applications will be reviewed as received.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.