StreetDoctors change lives by giving young people the skills and confidence to deliver life saving first aid when someone is stabbed or shot.
London, United Kingdom
22 May 2014
Opportunity has expired
StreetDoctors Paid Events Co-ordinator
Do you want to gain experience of developing, planning and delivering a national conference with a dynamic and growing charity?
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
StreetDoctors: Paid Internship: Event Co-ordinator
Are you driven by social purpose, enterprising and ambitious, with strong interpersonal and organisational skills? Do you want to gain experience of developing, planning and delivering a national conference with a dynamic and growing young charity? If so, we want to work with you! StreetDoctors is looking for an enthusiastic and committed paid intern to join our team.
Who are we?
StreetDoctors is an award winning charity, changing lives by giving young people the skills and confidence to deliver life-saving first aid at the scene of a stabbing or collapse. We have over 200 volunteer medical students and doctors who teach high risk young people first aid in 6 cities across the UK. We teach young offenders what to do when someone is bleeding and what to do if someone is unconscious. www.streetdoctors.org
Paid Internship – Event Co-ordinator:
Work closely with StreetDoctors CEO and Medical Director, to organise and deliver StreetDoctors national conference in October 2014.
· Work with the CEO and key medic volunteers to develop a strategy and objectives for the conference which will inform the design of the weekend
· Use StreetDoctors’ connections to network with experts in the fields of health, youth justice and social enterprise to secure speakers and workshop leaders for the conference
· Organise and co-ordinate the logistics of the conference; venue, AV, catering and transport
· Play a key role at the conference on the day to ensure the event runs smoothly and to plan
You will have the opportunity to:
· Be part of a ground breaking and innovative start up – your contribution will have significant impact on our small but growing organisation
· Build your professional network in the fields of social innovation, health care and youth justice
· Play a crucial role in the development, planning and delivery of our national conference, developing your skills in many crucial areas.
· We are looking for someone with a strong interest in developing a career in events management, who will take full advantage of the amazing opportunity which this internship offers
· You are utterly reliable and organised
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Passionate about solving social issues and empowering young people
· Able to manage a complex and demanding workload
· With previous experience of managing successful events
· Able to think ahead and be pro-active in identifying potential challenges and find solutions
· At ease with overseeing the practical, logistical, administrative and technical aspects of event co-ordination
· Remuneration; £9 per hour
· Hours: we ask for a commitment of at least 2 days (normal working hours 09:30 – 17:30), per week starting in June, increasing to 4 days a week in the weeks preceding the conference in mid-October.
· Duration: we ask for a minimum 3 month commitment
· Location: based in Dalston, London, with the potential to work remotely on an as-needed basis
To apply for this paid internship with StreetDoctors as our Event Co-ordinator email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV and a brief covering letter explaining why you are interested in the position and what you would bring to the role. Deadline for applications 5pm on Monday 9th June 2014. Shortlisted applicants will be invited for interview on Wednesday 18th June 2014.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.