Tasting Table has immediate openings for two Digital Sales Assistants to participate in our 12-month training program in New York City.
This program combines on-the-job training, workshops and seminars with full-time work in our SoHo office assisting our Digital Ad Sales team run day-to-day operations for our fast-growing food and drink publication. This is a perfect introduction to digital ad sales for an ambitious recent grad or career-changer who wants to launch a rocket ship sales career and is willing to work and learn hard to gain the fundamental skills, tools and knowledge to succeed.
As a Digital Sales Assistant, you will work closely with our business development managers on all aspects of the sales lifecycle, from lead generation to media plan and proposal development to tracking sold business with Tasting Table and beyond. You’ll gain the skills necessary to understand a client’s needs and requirements, craft a cunning proposal that fulfills those needs and convey Tasting Table’s unique ability to deliver on that proposal.
Along the way you’ll also become versed in the vocabulary and technical skills necessary to work in digital ad sales, and you’ll begin to develop a network of colleagues and contacts.
While most of your learning will happen on-the-job, you’ll also gain additional skills from internal and external seminars and workshops. You’ll gain general business skills during informal “Tasting Table Stage” workshops, and you’ll focus on learning the core skills of selling by attending a series of our favorite sales training seminars.
- Bachelors degree required
- High energy level, high-intensity and general desire to “crush it”
- Work-hard / Play-hard mentality when “crushing it”
- Thoroughness / drive
- Ability to learn quickly on-the-job without dropping the ball
- Sponge-like ability to absorb new material
- Excellent quantitative skills; Excel skills desired but not required
- Attention to detail, especially when reviewing Excel spreadsheets you prepared
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good professional image / not a slob
- Sense of humor / fun attitude about life
- High tolerance for mental exhaustion
- Low quantity of inappropriate Facebook posts publicly available via Google Search
***This position is part of the Tasting Table Stage program, and includes a competitive entry-level salary, two weeks vacation, health and dental insurance, 401(k) program, stocked Stella Artois (TM) office fridge, etc.
Read more: http://tastingtable.com/footer/national/jobs.htm#ixzz2M0OgExXP