Teach For India
Teach For India
Teach For India is a nationwide movement of outstanding college graduates and young professionals who will commit two-years to teach full-time in under resourced schools and who will become lifelon...
10 Jan 2014
Opportunity has expired
Senior Director, Program
Teach For India’s Training and Impact team drives efforts to empower and shape leaders who will transform the lives of thousands of students across India and ultimately eliminate educational inequity.
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
The Senior Director Program is responsible for overseeing multiple teams and strategic priorities across Teach For India. The Senior Director Program works directly with the Recruitment, Selection, Training and Alumni Impact teams and is responsible for the alignment and delivery of the Fellowship and Alumni program.
These teams ensure that the experience of all applicants, Fellows and Alumni consistently maximizes Teach For India’s progress.
The Senior Director is responsible for driving collaboration, alignment, compliance and managerial excellence on the program teams.
The Fellowship Recruitment team finds and engages people across the world to join the Fellowship. They build awareness and forge partnerships with an important and vast array of people, organisations and institutions. To this end, the Recruitment team not only ensures the continuity of the movement, but also works to substantially change the mindsets of the youth, parents, teachers and professionals they meet across the country every day.
Teach For India’s Training and Impact team drives efforts to empower and shape leaders who will transform the lives of thousands of students across India and ultimately eliminate educational inequity. The team trains new Fellows at summer Institute and helps equip them with the foundational knowledge, skills and mindsets to become transformational teachers and leaders. During the academic year, the team designs assessments, curriculum, tools and other resources for supporting and developing City staff to execute and support Fellows. Additionally, the team is involved in the execution and design of the musical.
- To create and maintain a strong culture that imbibes Teach For India’s core values and key messages in all teams
- To coach and develop professionally the Vertical Heads on the program teams
- To drive change and compliance throughout the program teams with regards to best practices, systems and process improvements. This requires an up-to-date knowledge of best practices from internal and external sources
- To support and oversee the execution of specific teams strategies and progress towards goals in Recruitment, Selection, Training and Impact and Alumni Impact
- To build and maintain relationships with key partners and stakeholders that facilitate or accelerate the impact that Teach For India has
- To ensure the systems and processes in place equip Teach For India to scale effectively year on year without compromising quality.
- Conduct Assessment Centres for new Fellows on four weekends a year
- To build and manage Teach For India’s leadership team in conjunction with the Chief Executive Officer and other staff (including coaching and mentoring of individuals, the performance evaluation of teams and organisational progress towards our goals)
- Attend recruitment events (presentations, coffee chats, gatherings)
- Work closely with the Teach For India Board where relevant
- Continuously find high quality people to join the staff team and Fellowship
- Champion the continued professional development of Managers at Teach For India
- Be dynamic, flexible and highly adaptable to all situations and challenges that might arise and impact Teach For India
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Believe that all children and adults can achieve at high levels
- Exemplify Teach For India’s core values: sense of possibility, teamwork, excellence, integrity, critical thinking, seva and respect and humility. Carries self as a professional at all times holding themselves and others to high expectations
- Be a clear, articulate and direct communicator with outstanding verbal and written communication skills. Exhibit professionalism with respect to Teach For India policies
- Ability to learn and adapt very quickly to changing environments
- Very strong critical thinking, problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to create strategic plans and long term approaches to complex problems
- Have excellent team motivation skills
- Can prioritise and resolve conflicts or competing interests
- Be a highly independent self starter
- Have the ability to drive team leaders towards outcomes , goals and timelines through strong managerial instincts and project management skills including an outstanding ability to prioritize and multitask
- Possess outstanding time management skill
Education and Experience
We believe that reaching our vision demands that we have the best and brightest group of leaders working at Teach For India. Here are some minimum qualifications we look for:
- Post Graduate Degree with minimum 8 years of work experience managing multiple and complex teams required
- Track record of managing complex teams and projects to excellent outcomes at scale
- Relevant transferable skills and / or experiences
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.