TechHub was founded in 2010 by Elizabeth Varley and Mike Butcher, and is a growing community of thousands of tech entrepreneurs and a network of spaces for startups. It offers flexible workspace facilities, events, workshops, advice sessions, contacts, PR and press opportunities and an important tech industry network. TechHub London has two sites in Shoreditch’s ‘Silicon Roundabout’ with one opening on the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park in 2014, and has additional sites in Manchester, Riga in Latvia and Bucharest in Romania. Further new TechHub cities have been announced in Swansea, Wales and Bangalore, India and more will be announced by the end of 2013 as part of the company’s global expansion. www.techhub.com twitter.com/TechHub
London, United Kingdom
4 Apr 2013
Opportunity has expired
Would you like to be part of a tech startup phenomenon?
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Would you like to be part of a tech startup phenomenon? TechHub launched two years ago and in that short time has had a huge amount of media coverage and interest from the tech startup community. We're committed to making a difference to tech startups around the world, and have some very exciting announcements on the horizon about new international locations. We have two TechHubs in London, and TechHubs in Riga and Manchester, with pending TechHubs in London Olympic Park and Bucharest.
We're looking for an essential part of the team to head up the product, and project manage development of our new member network.
Community is the foundation of TechHub. As TechHub expands and opens more physical sites we need a strong and vibrant virtual network to engage members and partners across multiple international locations.
Working at TechHub means you'll get to be part of a fast-growing and very exciting tech community, and be right at the heart of it. You'll be working with a smart, fun, friendly team - there’s three people in the TechHub Global team you’ll be joining, plus a London team of seven.
This role is much more than a 9-5. It's something to throw yourself into and get stuck in - to live and breathe tech startups!Areas of responsibility
This role is a combination of business and tech. You’ll be responsible for managing the strategic vision of the product, with input from the CEO and other team members. You’ll manage all requirements gathering and analysis, turning these into features and implementation plans. You’ll also oversee development, and manage the development team to ensure they’re always clear on work requirements, milestones, deadlines and priorities. While this is not a dev role, a good understanding of tech concepts is important.What you'll be doing
You'll be managing the development of the product, working with all the stakeholders to work out what to build and how to build it.
- Working out what to build, garnering ideas from members, staff, partners and franchisees.
- Turning ideas into user stories, with acceptance criteria.
- Maintaining a backlog of bugs and features.
- Producing and mining data from analytics, surveys, and anywhere else you can get it.
- Prioritising user stories, backed up by market analysis and budget forecasts.
- Working with our in-house developer (as well as other freelancers as necessary) to make user stories happen.
We're building a big expansive product, with a lot of ambition, and there's additional exciting stuff in the works, things that you will be instrumental in creating.
- A means for TechHub members and clients to find, talk to and share information with each other
- Tools to lower the cost of running a TechHub - meeting room booking, promotion (of events and membership) through the website, social networks and email
- Technology used - Symfony2, nginx, MySQL, Redis, AWS, Ubuntu.
- You like looking at financial spreadsheets, working out ways to get more coming in and less going out.
- You know your chickens from your pigs after spending years working in agile teams. You probably have a well-thumbed copy of GOOS.
- You understand MVP, especially the testing part. For you, everything is a feedback loop.
- You like gathering input, from wherever it comes - Google Analytics, Skype interviews, online surveys, or crazy anecdotes over bagels on a Tuesday morning.
- You're good at turning hand-wavy requirements from the CEO into actionable user stories in a backlog, and prioritising them to make them happen.
- You have a bag of tricks for keeping happy lots of stakeholders with conflicting priorities.
- You have good English and communication skills. There's a lot of talking and writing in this role.
- You have a fairly good understanding of tech concepts like databases, servers, programming languages, even if you haven't actual built anything yourself.
- You're a good manager. You'll be managing our existing development team, and making new hires as necessary.
- … and you really want to be a part of TechHub - chatting with members, visiting other (international) locations, attending events and conferences.
- Email your CV and LinkedIn profile to elizabeth at techhub.com
- Put 'TechHub Product Manager' in the subject line
- Include a covering email telling us why you're interested in the role. We want to know why you're excited by this particular opportunity. detail your relevant experience and skills in the email.
- Tell us why we should hire you
- Include your current salary and salary expectations - bear in mind that we are a startup, so won't be able to offer corporate salaries
- and include your earliest start date
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.