The Bulldog Trust is a dynamic charitable Trust founded in 1983. The Trust’s headquarters is Two Temple Place which plays host to its charitable and educational activities. Since 2011, for three months each year, the Trust offers free public access to the house as part of its Winter Exhibition Programme. This successful programme showcases treasures from museums and galleries around the UK during annual three month exhibitions while simultaneously providing opportunities for emerging curators to gain valuable, mentored experience.
The Bulldog Trust has created the new role, Head of Charitable Programme to continue to build on the momentum of the newly established Winter Exhibition Programme while ensuring that it remains fully integrated with its overall charitable programme.
- Lead on the management and delivery of The Bulldog Trust’s continual exhibition programme including implementing the organisation’s exhibition strategy and producing future exhibition plans and partnerships (N.B. this is not a curatorial role);
- Develop and deliver the exhibition’s education and events programme and wider plans to increase charitable use and charitable impact of Two Temple Place;
- Engage with a diverse group of stakeholders (museums, galleries, schools, charities, volunteers) and develop effective artistic, educational, charitable and commercial partnerships to complement the programme for the building.
Skills & Experiences
- A track record of project management – someone who is highly organised, confident and able to balance multiple projects and priorities;
- Demonstrable commercial acumen that can be applied to a start-up setting; enterprising and resourceful with the ability to work within adaptive and changing programmes.
- Interest in museums, arts and culture