The Collective is London’s most highly regarded and widely referenced film and TV location agency, promoting a database of over 2,000 prestigious residential and commercial properties for hire.
In the past twelve months we have worked closely with some of the biggest films to have hit (or are about to hit) cinema audiences across the globe; Skyfall, Les Miserable, World War Z, Dark Knight Rises, Thor II, Fast and the Furious 6, Judge Dredd, The Sweeney, Quartet and Great Expectations. We also provide locations for many of the UKs much loved dramas: Downton Abbey, Luther, Call the Midwife, Black Mirror, Silent Witness, Lewis, New Tricks, The Thick of It, The Hour, The Hunted and Mr Selfridge.
Due to the short deadline/quick turnaround nature of the hires we administrate, the office environment is fast-paced. We are a close, good-natured and tight knit team of hard-workers focused on continually delivering a high standard of service.
We are looking for a charismatic, talented and enthusiastic individual with the drive and determination to make a big impact in our organisation.
Commercial locations that fulfil certain criteria are the most valuable and regularly hired type of location in our industry and it is the area that The Collective stands head and shoulders above any of our competitors in terms of both quality and quantity, so this is an extremely exciting opportunity for the right candidate.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Converting enquiries (receiving briefs, arranging site visits, negotiating terms & fees, generating hire agreements, invoices etc)
- Account managing commercial locations to deliver the best possible service to the owner and maximise interest amoung potential clients
- Being a key contact for long running feature film and TV drama projects
- Client relationship development: you will strengthen existing relationships, seek new ones, and engage directly with the UKs top location managers
- Coordinate occasional special development projects
- Regularly visit industry events and locations in action to witness the fruits of your labour!
Key objectives of the role are:
- To develop a strong knowledge of our location database, particularly the commercial properties and the practicalities of filming in them
- To be able to receive, interpret, and process briefs with speed, quality, and an overarching 'can-do' attitude.
- To evolve all existing positive relationships with locations owners and production clients into more knowledgable and personable ones.
- To become an indispensable team member through hard work, reaching (and exceeding) targets, and hopefully a lot of fun!
Characteristics and criteria
- An ambitious and highly intelligent professional seeking a suitably ambitious company to unlock their potential
- A passion for the media industry, only apply if you harbour a genuine interest in film, TV and the visual arts … including music videos and TV commercials
- Hold a genuine interest in the London architectural landscape; if you are a fan of Open House London then this role is a natural fit.
- A proven achiever in a previous sales or target based role.
- Experience in account management, client development or along similar
lines would strengthen your candidacy.
- A solid knowledge of Greater London geography is desirable.
- A willing contributor, generous with donating their time for the wider
develop of the company.
- Well presented with outstanding all round communication skills
- A warm but professional telephone manner and the natural ability to
build rapport, the phone is our primary communication tool to establish and
strengthen client relationships.
- The ability to be diplomatic and calm, as an agent you are positioned in
the middle, always bringing people together.
- An interest in and proficiency in photography would be desirable but not
- Technically proficient in all conventional Microsoft Office software
essential. The ability to use design packages such as In Design and Final Cut
Pro is a welcome bonus
- Contacts within the film location industry would be desirable but not
- Hold a clean driving licence
We are looking for a charismatic, talented and enthusiastic individual with the drive and determination to be a huge success and make a big impact in our organisation.
The successful candidate will become an important component in an exciting, rapidly evolving organisation in a highly desirable, creative industry in a vibrant and collaborative office environment.
If you think you are the perfect candidate, please follow the application instructions below.