The Foundation is a growth and innovation consultancy that works across all sectors. We help our clients work out how to grow faster than their market, grow into new areas, or fend off threats to growth (for example from sustainability, digital media or a new competitor)
To do this we have to help them think differently. We re-balance their natural inside-out view with one from the outside-in. We work collaboratively with clients, challenging their thinking and helping them solve their problems, arriving at solutions that are stretching, feasible and owned by the client team.
Our projects range from revolutionising customer experience at HSBC, to helping M&S conceive and realise their Plan A, to building a brand fame strategy for New Look. In this work, we have to continuously earn our right to be a valued advisor on their strategic challenges so we need people who can balance high intelligence with strong people skills.
We look for candidates that are positive, collaborative and ambitious, who recognise the benefits and challenges of working for a small company with a close-knit team. Candidates should have 2.1 or a First from a top tier university and between 0-3 years of professional experience.
We would expect candidates to be capable of a wide range of skills, including:
1. Analysing organisations and markets
- Ability to research opportunities and analyse business issues through desk research and interviews
- Ability to create insights out of data and trends
- Ability to evaluate opportunities and build business cases
2. Planning and facilitating workshops
- Plan and support the delivery of client workshops
- Work collaboratively with colleagues and clients to challenge and stretch other people’s thinking
3. Developing leading thinking and coherent ideas
- Thinking creatively and looking at problems from a variety of perspectives
- Group thoughts, develop frameworks and structure ideas
- Turning ideas into practical solutions
4. Contributing to the smooth running of consulting projects
- Strong time and project management skills, with the ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to organise and develop yourself, clients and colleagues