We are looking for eight revolutionary people. Because this role is all about revolution.
As a Dream Director, you will be embedded in a public high school and charged with mobilizing students, faculty, and staff to cause a revolution that transforms school culture and leaves students totally unleashed. The process is simple: a Dream Director 1) builds a team (of students and staff), 2) provides transformative training for that team and, eventually, for the rest of the school, and then 3) launches a school-wide, passion-driven “Future Project” that engages everyone—and gives students the chance to launch their own Future Projects, too. Throughout, the Dream Director engages the skills and energy of the community around the school by bringing in volunteers to coach students and share what they’re good at.
The Future Project provides Dream Directors with the training and tools—in the form of events, experiences, and products—to do their job. This starts with a five-week summer Dream Academy and continues throughout the year.
This is a new role in a start-up organization, so experimentation and flexibility are part of the fun. In fact, imagination and entrepreneurial spirit are non-negotiable in a Dream Director. Some of a Dream Director’s primary responsibilities include:
- Navigating the school environment, building allies—and enrolling others in your charge
- Designing and executing a school-wide campaign that engages everyone and causes tangible change in the school
- Re-imagining the structure of a school day and creating transformative moments that disrupt the current structure for the better
- Conducting workshops and experiences for young people and faculty
- Causing breakthroughs through powerful 1:1 coaching
- Recruiting and mobilizing members of the community to support you and your team in your charge