The Intern Group
The Intern Group
The leading provider of global internship programs.
12 Mar 2014
Opportunity has expired
Chief Operations Officer
Seeking first-class COO to co-ordinate global operations, and drive growth, in a rapidly growing educational travel business.
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
The Intern Group are looking for a talented and driven individual to join our team. The demand for international internship programmes is large and will only continue to rise in the years ahead; our business is perfectly positioned to become the global leader in this emerging industry.
We are looking for an outstanding candidate with 3-5 years of professional experience to co-ordinate operations across our 5 programme destinations, further professionalise the company and really drive growth forward.
The role will cross all business functions including sales, marketing, business development, finance, HR and general management – you will have incredible input into the shape and direction of the whole business. After a two month training period in London & Madrid, you will be based in our Headquarters in Santiago, Chile. The role will involve intermittent international travel to other offices or events worldwide.
This is the perfect role if you bring strong professional experience to the table, can blend analytical skills with great relationship-building skills, and, crucially, if you possess the vision of how to grow a medium sized company into a world leading business. If the prospect of being absolutely fundamental to this growth excites you, then read on!
- Liaise between all global offices to ensure smooth day-to-day operations of the business
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the processes, systems, infrastructure and human resources of the business
- Help design, implement and manage an accounting system solution to manage our internal accounting needs
- Manage financial forecasting & budgeting across the business
- Manage and develop employees across all business functions
- Play a core role in business strategy – and then execute impeccably.
- 3-5 years of professional experience in a professional services / finance / consultancy / business background
- Outstanding relationship building & inter-personal skills
- Highly efficient and dependable
- Always go the extra mile
- Thrive in an autonomous environment – really takes ownership of your work
- Committed to our long-term vision
- Internationally mobile
- Self-starter, flexible & pragmatic
- Ability to deal with stress
- Highly resilient – never say no attitude
- Both strong attention to detail and real ability to see the bigger picture
- Committed to professional and organizational excellence
The role is primarily based in Santiago, Chile.
You will also travel intermittently and for periods of different length to our offices worldwide.A 2 month training period will begin in June based in Madrid & London.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.