The Restart Project
The Restart Project
The Restart Project prevents waste and promotes positive behaviour change by encouraging and empowering people to use their electronics longer. We are preparing the ground for a future sustainable economy by reskilling, supporting repair entrepreneurs, and helping people of all walks of life to be more resilient.
London, United Kingdom
8 Mar 2014
Opportunity has expired
Business Development Volunteer
We're looking to expand our dynamic team, trying to fix our relationship with electronics. Sales and marketing will the focus of the role.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
This voluntary position is for 3 months, renewable for another 3, beginning at the end of March. Ideally the person who takes on this role will help us grow and be able to stay for longer than this 6 month period, adapting and growing with us. We should be clear: while we cannot make promises, we are not just looking for an “intern”, we are looking for the next member of our team.
Schedule: 2-3 days a week, negotiable
Compensation: volunteer expenses will be paid for food, travel and communications on production of valid receipts. Plus, you will have a unique opportunity to learn lots of tips to repair all kinds of small electricals and electronics!
About The Restart Project
The Restart Project is a London-based social enterprise that encourages and empowers people to use their electronics longer in order to reduce waste. We are a registered charity helping people learn to repair their own electronics in community events and in workplaces.
The workplace events we recently launched (http://therestartproject.org/restart-your-workplace/) are a key arm of our strategy to increase our impact, while generating revenue for the organisation. We are now recruiting a Business development intern to help us build and manage the client base for the services – and more.
What you will be doing:
- Research potential clients in targeted sectors, including finding relevant contacts
- Research trade events where to strategically place our events
- Conduct initial contacts with selected companies to offer the services
- Prepare sales materials for pitches (presentations and online communication, organise photo shoot to improve our photography library)
- Help improve and expand our online and paper marketing materials
- Contribute to our upcoming newsletter for corporate clients
- Generate content for social media platforms (with a focus on Linkedin)
- Keep an up-to-date database of contacts
- Explore future additional services and opportunities based on interaction with prospective clients and online research
Who we are looking for:
Our team needs a motivated, self-starter who can pay attention to detail but can also see the big picture. You’ll need to be able to work with us both online, in person at our office and represent us confidently at external events. And OMG as much as lolz make the world go around, we’ll need you to have solid writing skills.
- Some experience in sales or fundraising
- Knowledge of key trends in online marketing and experience using social media at work
- Commitment to The Restart Project’s mission as a social enterprise
We’ll really love you if you have
- Interest in sustainability, social enterprise, waste prevention and/or technology
- Experience using CRM system, such as Salesforce
- Experience working in sustainability/CSR and/or HR departments
Applications are accepted until Saturday 22 March. Apply via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV and a covering letter (or another creative expression of your interest like a video).
Interviews with selected candidates will be scheduled on 27-28 March.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.