The Start-Up Loans Company
The Start-Up Loans Company
The Start-Up Loans Company is a private company funded by the UK Government to provide start up loans to 18 - 30 year olds across England. With over £112m to loan to young people, the company hopes to start over 30,000 businesses over the next three years. Chaired by serial entrepreneurs and former panellist on Dragons' Den James Caan, the company is based out of James' headoffice in Mayfair. <
6 Nov 2013
Opportunity has expired
£45k per annum
Process Redesign Manager
A fantastic opportunity at a high profile start-up!
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
£45k per annum
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
This is an exciting opportunity to gain exposure in a high-profile organisation. We are looking for an individual with a mix of finance and business experience. You must possess a high attention to detail and have the ability communicate effectively with different stakeholders of the company.
- Visiting delivery partners to conduct due diligence;
- Perform an initial high level review of the current systems, procedures and processes at our network of delivery partners, identifying those processes where a detailed review will be undertaken based on the potential level of benefit that can be achieved;
- Assessing the viability of business plans and providing feedback to delivery partners;
- Fully understand key drivers for change and ensure that the new developed system provides the functionality and benefits required;
- Identify key performance issues and inefficiencies within the current processes and document these with a particular focus on improvements in relation to loan quality;
- Liaise with stakeholders individually and/or hold workshops about the processes to fully understand how processes can be improved and implement best practice;
- Creating, promoting and enabling the embedding of a culture of performance management across the Start Up Loans programme;
- Regular follow up meetings to monitor the implementation of the plan and advise on how to resolve any blockages or on alternative solutions;
- Facilitate roll out of existing quality assurance programme across scheme;Attending sessions run by delivery partners to ensure best practice is being followed and reporting back on findings;
- Collating and sharing best practice between partners; and
- Undertaking other tasks as directed by the line manager
Knowledge and experience
- + 3 years relevant experience in internal audit/consultancy or process redesign
- End to end process implementation experience
- Strong experience of analysing data and key performance indicators;
- Well-developed analytical skills including the ability to assimilate complex information, identify and prioritise key issues;
- Proven understanding of commercial business gained through projects in SMEs;
- Knowledge of key business processes and aspects that affect the success of a business start up; and
- Strong IT skills, proficient in Microsoft Office especially in Excel.
Competencies and behaviors
- Excellent planning, organisational and communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Ability to operate in a dynamic working environment, handling multiple tasks and deadlines;
- Accustomed to delivering excellent results against targets and meet deadlines;
- Self-starter and strong team player;
- Flexible and adaptable; and
- Resourceful and resilient.
We hire as soon as we find the right person so please get your application fast.
Please forward your CV completed with a cover letter to Recruitment team at Recruitment@startuploans.co.uk
We regret to inform that unsuccessful applicants will not be contacted.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.