TOMS was founded in 2006 by Blake Mycoskie, inspired by a trip to Argentina where he saw extreme poverty and health conditions, as well as children walking without shoes. That’s when he recognized the traditional Argentine alpargata shoe as a simple, yet revolutionary solution. He quickly set out to reinvent the alpargata for the U.S. market with a simple goal: to show how together, we can create a better tomorrow by taking compassionate action today.
Los Angeles, United States
14 Dec 2012
Opportunity has expired
Regional Account Manager
You will be responsible for all aspects of managing shoe-giving in the Americas Region.
Los Angeles, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
- Lead a cohesive regional team to develop and implement regional shoe-giving strategic plans in line within the Giving Department overall goals, objectives and targets
- Develop resource investment strategies across countries and accounts for existing and new giving partners. Develop regional P&L and execute with support from VP and Finance
- Develop new giving partner relationships in alignment with Director of Partnership Development; develop partner strategies, negotiate agreements and implement successfully
- Track regional performance against goals and adjust strategy and approach if necessary
- Execute TOMS Giving impact assessment strategies, in partnership with team’s Impact Director, and aligned with key development needs in the region
- Implement and operationalize high-performing account customer service – from order management, data gathering, reporting to ad-hoc problem solving (distribution of footwear)
- Lead regional team of account specialist(s) and account coordinators
- Support shoe production and development efforts if needed
- Work across TOMS departments and build relationship with senior management from different departments (ie, communications, logistics and supply chain, production, finance)
Regional Account Strategy and Relationship Management
- Develop annual strategic plan based on clear understanding of department goals and regional priorities
- Develop strong expertise in trends and activities in the region, from key health, education, and other impact areas to NGO and government activity
- Analyze and synthesize data and ongoing learnings to make recommendations for partner and investment decisions, in close collaboration with VP Global Partnerships, and informed by input from team members
- Lead relationships with select regional and multinational partners
- Develop forecasts, cost estimates and track results on a regular basis
- Review learnings, develop best practices and share with other regions
- Identify key issues in a complex situation and gather relevant information before making a decision
- Support tracking of measuring and evaluation strategy, support collection of field data and study implementation as needed
Operations / Implementation & Customer Service
- Direct team in consistent processing of partner requests for proposals and in-depth vetting process, ensuring optimal impact and fit for new partners and TOMS
- For existing partnerships, implement best-in-class customer service standards to support problem solving, timely delivery and tracking of shipments
- Strong focus on execution and organizational skills
- Ability to build strong working relationship across other TOMS departments including finance, supply chain, production, and communications
- Strong familiarity with local NGO environment across the region and in key countries; understanding key Ministry (e.g. Health, Education) activity is important as well.
- Lead, manage, and grow a regional team
- Provide leadership and direction to junior team members, including setting performance objectives and creating and following through on professional development plans
- Spearhead regional team’s ongoing investments in building expertise, networks, and knowledge in the region and related international development issues
- Work effectively with diverse colleagues within own and other departments
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Master’s degree in International Development, International Economics, Social Entrepreneurship, M&E, and or Public Health, or similar
- A minimum of 7 years professional experience in relevant areas such as corporate foundations, Non-Profit Organizations and NGOS, International Development, Social Enterprise, and Public Health
- Up-to-date knowledge and networks related to current development issues
- On-the-ground experience working in developing countries in the Americas region
- Proficient-to-fluent Spanish language skills (spoken and written)
- Analytical, presentation, information-gathering, writing, and oral presentation skills
- Familiarity with basic financial management and budgeting
- Personnel management experience; strong interest and experience in people and team development
- Excellent execution and organizations skills – strong detail orientation
- Comfortable in a young, growing, and fast-changing company environment
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally (20-30%)
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.