Tough Mudder is growing. Fast. And to keep up with our explosive growth we’re looking to build on our biggest strength: Our People. Our mission is ‘to create unconventional, life-changing experiences’ and we’ve built a culture to reflect that philosophy, full of quirky overachievers who are smart, passionate, and great at what they do.
The breakout success of the Tough Mudder brand has created an overwhelming amount of opportunity and we’re looking for the best and brightest to join us. In just
three years we’ve grown from three events to 52 and are projecting more than $130 million in revenue in 2013, making us one of the fastest growing companies in the
world. Our UK office, the first satellite for Tough Mudder, has been established in 2012 and we are looking to grow the business just as rapidly from our London base.
We believe that Tough Mudder offers a once in a lifetime opportunity for people who share our vision of delivering great experiences for our customers and for ourselves. We are looking for people who want more than a job or even a career - they’re seeking an enlightened lifestyle. As a member of Tough Mudder, you’ll be given an opportunity to push your boundaries and find out what you’re really capable of, to work with and learn from incredibly smart people, and to enjoy the journey of building a world class events organisation.
work out of a fantastic office in Farringdon, London where we live and
breathe the ethos of the event we’re so proud to deliver.
We’re looking for a smart and influential European Marketing Director, reporting to the Managing Director of the European business who will join our team in London. You will work with the Chief Marketing Officer and the advertising, communications and customer service teams at TMHQ in New York. Our European expansion began in 2012 from our US base and we are now looking to recruit someone who can drive this forward, beginning with a focus on the UK and Germany in 2013.The Work:
- Develop and implement Tough Mudder’s European marketing and communications strategy
- Design European marketing organisation structure and hire necessary positions
- Track key marketing metrics for Europe
- For UK business specifically:
- Develop all UK communications content, including website, customer communications, email marketing campaigns and social media
- Identify and execute new PR opportunities, press events and media days in the UK alongside our PR agency
- Strengthen existing advertising channels and identify new opportunities
- Direct customer communications
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and juggle multiple projects at once
- Capable of managing multiple senior stakeholders
- Ability to work independently, with sound judgment and strong initiative
- Intuitive feel for the Tough Mudder brand and mission
- Strong cultural awareness
- Organised, attentive to detail, and able to prioritise well
- Strong analytical skills
- Meticulous editing/copywriting skills
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum 7+ years of relevant experience with a combination of agency/client experience preferred
- Experience of managing diverse team essential
- Knowledge of working in multiple European markets highly desirable
- Experience working with senior marketing professionals across multiple locations preferred
- Track record of creating and implementing new initiatives and sound working knowledge of building brands
- Fluency in German, French, Dutch or Swedish highly desirable