Probably the toughest event on the planet. 10+ miles. 25+ gnarly obstacles. Designed by British Special Forces. Are YOU tough enough?
London, United Kingdom
14 Jan 2014
Opportunity has expired
We are looking for a fantastic Operations Manager to lead the delivery of multiple events in the UK and Ireland during 2014.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
The Operations Manager will work closely with the European Operations Director to coordinate all production elements, manage a number of partners and suppliers to ensure the events are a resounding success
- Collaborate across all departments to tactically deliver a suite of events
- Create detailed internal and external schedules for all event activities
- Manage a broad range of third party contractors and suppliers to a detailed scope of works ensuring they deliver on time and under budget
- Line manage a high calibre, high performing Operations Associate and Operations Intern
- Own and deliver against event-specific budgets and make recommendations for improvements based on Budget-to-Actual analysis
- Travel for site inspections, permit hearings, planning meetings and event execution
- On-site management of service providers, volunteers, and temporary workforce during event build and execution
- Work with the Accounting department to manage payment to all partners and ensure financial control documents are up to date
- Strong vendor manager with high level of managerial courage
- Strong team spirit
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Good conflict manager
- Organised and attentive to detail
- Focused on results
- Creative problem-solver
- Willing to be based in London and travel 40% of the time
- Bachelor’s degree from leading university
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Operations/Project Management within events/mass participation sports
- Must have first-hand experience managing budgets
- Extensive experience managing partners and third party contractors
- Proven history of successfully executing multiple projects simultaneously
- Must have valid driver’s license
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.