Tutudesk UK is a social enterprise that provides portable school desks to children in Sub Saharan Africa, where over 95 million children don't have the benefit of a classroom desk. We work closely with the Head Office in South Africa and our patron is Archbishop Desmond Tutu.
London, United Kingdom
31 Aug 2013
Opportunity has expired
Head of Sales
Enthusiastic individual wanted to launch the retail of Tutudesks into the UK market.
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Beyond the soft launch, we have started to create a team of people who want to support the official launch of the Tutudesk retail model in the UK. This includes a youth engagement agency, a top art and design college and a number of branding experts. Your role will be to tap into this expert knowledge in order to develop a strategy for the launch and expansion of the Tutudesk retail model (target audience, price point, retail channels) and then implement this strategy, selling Tutudesks through the chosen channels.
Are you up for the challenge?
This is a volunteer role from October - December, but with the potential to continue beyond that in a paid capacity. The transition to a paid role will depend on both general funding availability and your success.
- Ability to work independently and lead a project to completion
- Interest in Africa and improving the quality of education
- Flexibility to work in a start-up environment
- Experience working with third parties
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Ability to remain professional at all times, upholding the brand of our Patron Archbishop Desmond Tutu
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Experience in retail (preferably in sales, but could be as a buyer)
- Experience in marketing
- Experience in social enterprise
Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
They will be received by the CEO, Rebecca Sweetman.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.