Working at Twitter offers you a chance to think about fascinating, intricate and important challenges everyday. At Twitter, your work will be immediately felt by many millions of people around the ...
San Francisco, United States
14 May 2013
Opportunity has expired
Media - Head of Sports Partnerships (US)
Twitter is changing the way the sports industry connects with its audience and we want you on board.
San Francisco, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
You will be responsible for devising and executing the strategies that will make Twitter valuable to the talent as well as to the operations and strategy of sports television, digital media and events
You will manage all sports partnerships, talent relationships and content. You should have a strong vision for the broad potential of Twitter and sports, while also being able to rigorously manage and scale the sports team’s daily impact.
You must have deep experience leading teams, managing athletes, as well as a strong record of executing strategic partnerships.
This role will report to the Head of Media.
- All athletes, their agents and managers, including those on Twitter and those yet to be onboarded (there are many thousands of US athletes verified on Twitter)
- All sports TV Networks (ESPN, NBC Sports, NBA TV, etc.)
- All sports leagues (NBA, MLB, PGA Tour, UFC, etc.)
- Major sports organizing bodies (IOC, FIFA, etc.)
- Major digital sports portals and apps (ESPN.com, FoxSports.com, NASCAR.com, etc.)
- Minimum of 15-20 years in sports, 10 years of managing teams and at least 5 years executing strategic partnerships
- Develop a multi-year strategy for sports that drives substantial increases in:
- Volume and quality of on-air integrations across sports TV networks
- Volume and quality of talent content on Twitter
- Frequency and engagement level of user behavior around sports content on Twitter
- Oversee all strategic on-air integrations against a broad roster of programming, events and shows
- Partnership management:
- Be embedded at the highest executive levels of the sports industry, and able to influence and shape your partners’ strategic planning efforts (e.g. programming, marketing, digital)
- Deepen and extract more value from Twitter's numerous creative and business relationships
- Increase the volume, diversity and uniqueness of the sports content on Twitter from talent and partners
- Creative leadership: be a creative leader responsible for consistently inventing effective, powerful new best practices that gain broad adoption; foster creative excellence across your team
- Scale your team’s impact through operational efficiencies and by managing against your team’s metrics
- Drive key insights and research that help maximize your team’s efforts
- Build a world class team and drive measurable and significant improvements in each individual team member's performance
- Twitter product and strategy:
- Influence Twitter product and corporate strategy via highly effective relationships and strategic planning that ensures the most important needs of sports partners and athletes are being met
- Articulate a persuasive vision for the potential of sports content within the Twitter user experience
- Ensure Twitter messaging and marketing materials drives industry conversation and broad adoption
- Drive usage of our most trusted media ecosystem products throughout sports organizations
Success is measured by:
- Increase in overall Twitter engagement and activity by athletes and sports partners, including their volume of content plays, above-baseline follower growth, engagement metrics and log-in frequency
- Volume and quality of on-air and in-venue integrations, as measured by the increase in the Tweet volume and engagement per integration
- Volume and adoption rate of new best practices you identify, package and market successfully
- Effectiveness of systems you design and implement to track growth in usage and content quality amongst media partners and athletes
- Successful integration of the Twitter API and/or certified media ecosystem partners into media partners’ products, broadcasts and user experiences
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.