Uber Technologies, Inc.
Uber Technologies, Inc.
Uber is a venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco. We're a game-changing company that offers a quality, on-demand car service from the touch of your smartphone. We disrupt local marke...
3 May 2014
Opportunity has expired
General Manager (multiple cities APAC)
Uber is looking for talented Escape the City members to join us as General Managers in various Asia-Pacific cities.
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Uber is a Series C venture-funded startup headquartered in San Francisco, California. We are a game-changing company that allows users to request quality, on-demand car service with a touch of their smartphone. Today, we are in 100+ cities worldwide and plan to be serving many more cities soon. https://www.uber.com/100/
Uber is looking for talented Escape the City members to join us as General Managers in various APAC cities including Bangkok, Beijing, Guangzhou, Hong Kong, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Perth and Shenzhen. We keep adding new cities.
If this describes you, go ahead and apply today.
Haven’t tried us yet – download the Uber app today and use our promocode ESCAPE for £20 off your first London ride!
The City General Manager at Uber is by far the most demanding position Uber has to offer; it requires such a degree of talent, guts and leadership that the right person is difficult to find. As the leader of Uber in each city, the GM is responsible for the development and growth of our business in one of the major cities. You are literally rolling out a new transportation system in your local metropolis.
The core of Uber is in the city team, led by a General Manager. They make the magic that is Uber a reality. It’s a big deal, and the qualities and capabilities required of an Uber GM mean you are an incredibly intelligent, talented and highly sought-after professional. Sounds like you?
WHAT YOU NEED:
This is first and foremost a role for a strong marketer, focusing on reaching new users and extending the Uber brand to the masses. But as the city lead, you’ll also be responsible for operational excellence and maintaining ‘Uber’ quality throughout the rider’s experience. Customer support, local marketing, supply chain management, service quality management, social media, PR — all of these sit under the GM.
Continual improvement and a quality focus are the name of the game. We believe in solving local problems with local solutions, so understanding your market and delivering custom messages is important. This is where creativity meets analytics head on.
And it’s the cross of the analytical with the creative that makes the Uber GM an incredibly difficult job to fill. If you’re potentially one of the truly rare, gifted Uber GMs, we want to hear from you! We will personally review every resume submitted.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Work with Uber’s Launch team to launch Uber in your city
- Initiate creative local marketing strategies and user growth campaigns
- Manage deployment and quality of supply chain (i.e. Uber’s driver partners)
- Represent Uber at local events and with local PR
- Manage local regulatory concerns and local politics
- Communicate product/process needs to HQ, work with product/engineering to deliver on them
- Help scale our other cities through developing and sharing best practices
- Continue to grow REVENUES and RIDERSHIP!!!
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW/HAVE:
- 7+ years of marketing, consulting, banking or operations management experience
- Data-driven decision mentality and sound business judgment through strong analytical thinking
- Creative solutions driven mindset, with a get things done attitude
- Relevant experience in consumer service marketing is helpful
- Stellar networking skills and the ability to make smart partnerships happen
- Entrepreneurial DNA and fear tolerance of a honey-badger
Please note that San Francisco, Singapore and Amsterdam/London are our headquarters however these roles are not located at HQ. We are recruiting for General Managers in cities across the world, with similar roles available in EMEA, Latin America and North America.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.