Devoted to bringing you the single thing you need to know every day about your city. Follow us on Facebook: http://t.co/gndS4Iah
New York, United States
21 May 2013
Opportunity has expired
Working hand-in-hand with our New York Editorial Director to generate daily content in one of our biggest and most exciting cities.
New York, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
As the New York Editorial Assistant you’ll be working hand-in-hand with our New York Editorial Director to generate daily content in one of our biggest and most exciting cities. You’ll help source cutting-edge venues, develop creative content, assist in setting the editorial calendar and produce a daily article. You’ll also be working closely with the New York writer and the rest of the editorial team based in NYC.
This is a fantastic opportunity to help develop an award-winning digital lifestyle publication and help expand a growing company.
- Work closely with New York Editorial Director on content strategy and selection
- Generate articles that flawlessly embody the UD voice, style and approach
- Identify and track on-brand venues and lifestyle opportunities ahead of the pack
- Attend events as a UD brand ambassador and maintain relationships in the dining, nightlife, event and other lifestyle industries.
- Bachelor’s degree—Journalism or English preferred, but not required
- 1-2 years of experience at an established publication (*but not necessary if you have a natural talent and passion for writing with snark and the ability to learn the UrbanDaddy voice... in which case, just write us a brief cover letter that explains and displays this)
- An undying love for NYC (specifically in the areas of food, nightlife and entertainment)
- A love (and knack) for sourcing interesting and ahead-of-the-curve content
- A strong understanding of the UD voice and brand
- A sharp and witty sense of humor
- A desire to be involved with an entrepreneurial company
- Talent, plain and simple
- Competitive compensation
- Full health and dental benefits
- Attractive office in prime location
- Dynamic, fun and hardworking office culture
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.