Welcome to the official feed for Victoria’s Secret, where Angels, Bombshells & the sexiest followers on Twitter get their fix for everything VS.
New York, United States
16 May 2013
Opportunity has expired
Creative Director, Photography
Play a major role in leading, managing and directing the Victoria's Secret photography process. Creative and strategic thinker needed with strong fashion/retail experience.
New York, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Drives and creates pre season and in season photo concepting for all VSD categories/subbrands. Partners with design, copy and web creative directors to create an aligned seasonal presentation that drives business goals based on business/Brand blue chips. Presents photo direction to VSD business leaders at seasonal Strategy presentation and in season when appropriate.
Leads creative concepting for specific VSI/Brand projects and follows through with art direction and editing. Collaborates with merchant and marketing partners in partnership with design and copy on the build of the books to create a cohesive and branded look and feel.
- Leads photo team and partners with copy, design and web creative directors to create an aligned seasonal presentation that drives business goals
- Has ownership for the seasonal photo presentation and is expected to present to the VSD business and to the Brand when appropriate
- Responsible to execute/art direct/edit photography for specific VSI/Brand projects assigned to VSD. Partners with Creative Services department to manage and be accountable for the above high profile shoots to allocated budget.
- Responsible for working with web and PR partners and outside resources to manage behind the scenes video/photography needs to support social media when driven by VSD
- Represent photo department and leads the photo decision making in executive creative meetings
- Guides art directors in selection of talent and production for all photo shoots.
- Assigns photo projects to art directors per season and partners with producer to establish shoot calendar under guidance of VP.
- Attend meetings pertaining to photo shoots when appropriate - drives photo art decisions
- Build external photo talent to get the business to next. Edit and review talent with VP and guide team in selection of talent and production of photo shoots.
- Lead seasonal talent reviews and make decisions on which talent is to be used for the season
- Pushes the reach, aspiration and look of the photography that supports VS core equities of Sexy, sophisticated and forever young.
- Responsible to approve all photo edits and color guides by art turn in dates
- Coaches and mentors new team members/freelancers to understand the business and brand
- Keeps up to date on current trends, fashion, social media, magazines, stores, pop culture etc.
- Presents new, current, brand appropriate ideas to the push the business to next
- Has ownership for and leads photo team in all aspects of photo execution to ensure photography is on brand, supports the business initiatives and takes the business to next.
- Conceptual thinker who has solid understanding of the creative process including catalogue, web and social media
- Ability to develop photo strategies and direct the translation of these strategies in support of merchandising initiatives and business goals.
- Strong leadership skills and leadership experience in a corporate environment
- Outstanding portfolio with a strong commitment to produce effective, award winning work.
- Ability to direct and manage broad range of world class photographers, models, stylists and photo support talent
- Strong organizational and multi tasking skills
- Ability to adapt to emerging priorities and unexpected challenges
- Attuned to the fashion industry and aware of current trends
- Strong collaboration skills with ability to motivate others
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to both detail and -the big picture-
- Ability to communicate and understand the brand
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to make presentations to leaderships teams within VSD and Brand
- Extremely high taste level and aesthetic required
- B.A/B.S degree
- Excellent art direction and concepting skills
- 12-15 years of catalogue/retail/fashion experience
- proven experience in photo art direction at high talent level for 10 years or more
- 10 years of leadership experience; building, managing and developing a team
- Must be able to operate a MAC
- Fluent in In-design and photoshop
- VP photography
Victoria's Secret, a member of the Limited Brands family, is the most powerful, best-recognized and sexiest lingerie brand in the world. Victoria's Secret inspires confidence with fashion, glamour and a touch of fantasy through its assortment of intimate apparel, beauty products, sleepwear, hosiery, and more. The Victoria's Secret brand, from its one-of-a-kind broadcast fashion show and supermodel Angels to its iconic striped shopping bag are known and desired the world over.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.