Welcome to the official feed for Victoria’s Secret, where Angels, Bombshells & the sexiest followers on Twitter get their fix for everything VS.
New York, United States
16 May 2013
Opportunity has expired
Creative Director, Photography
Play a major role in leading, managing and directing the Victoria's Secret photography process. Creative and strategic thinker needed with strong fashion/retail experience.
New York, United States
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Drives and creates pre season and in season photo concepting for all VSD categories/subbrands. Partners with design, copy and web creative directors to create an aligned seasonal presentation that drives business goals based on business/Brand blue chips. Presents photo direction to VSD business leaders at seasonal Strategy presentation and in season when appropriate.
Leads creative concepting for specific VSI/Brand projects and follows through with art direction and editing. Collaborates with merchant and marketing partners in partnership with design and copy on the build of the books to create a cohesive and branded look and feel.
- Leads photo team and partners with copy, design and web creative directors to create an aligned seasonal presentation that drives business goals
- Has ownership for the seasonal photo presentation and is expected to present to the VSD business and to the Brand when appropriate
- Responsible to execute/art direct/edit photography for specific VSI/Brand projects assigned to VSD. Partners with Creative Services department to manage and be accountable for the above high profile shoots to allocated budget.
- Responsible for working with web and PR partners and outside resources to manage behind the scenes video/photography needs to support social media when driven by VSD
- Represent photo department and leads the photo decision making in executive creative meetings
- Guides art directors in selection of talent and production for all photo shoots.
- Assigns photo projects to art directors per season and partners with producer to establish shoot calendar under guidance of VP.
- Attend meetings pertaining to photo shoots when appropriate - drives photo art decisions
- Build external photo talent to get the business to next. Edit and review talent with VP and guide team in selection of talent and production of photo shoots.
- Lead seasonal talent reviews and make decisions on which talent is to be used for the season
- Pushes the reach, aspiration and look of the photography that supports VS core equities of Sexy, sophisticated and forever young.
- Responsible to approve all photo edits and color guides by art turn in dates
- Coaches and mentors new team members/freelancers to understand the business and brand
- Keeps up to date on current trends, fashion, social media, magazines, stores, pop culture etc.
- Presents new, current, brand appropriate ideas to the push the business to next
- Has ownership for and leads photo team in all aspects of photo execution to ensure photography is on brand, supports the business initiatives and takes the business to next.
- Conceptual thinker who has solid understanding of the creative process including catalogue, web and social media
- Ability to develop photo strategies and direct the translation of these strategies in support of merchandising initiatives and business goals.
- Strong leadership skills and leadership experience in a corporate environment
- Outstanding portfolio with a strong commitment to produce effective, award winning work.
- Ability to direct and manage broad range of world class photographers, models, stylists and photo support talent
- Strong organizational and multi tasking skills
- Ability to adapt to emerging priorities and unexpected challenges
- Attuned to the fashion industry and aware of current trends
- Strong collaboration skills with ability to motivate others
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong attention to both detail and -the big picture-
- Ability to communicate and understand the brand
- Ability to work in a high-pressure environment
- Ability to make presentations to leaderships teams within VSD and Brand
- Extremely high taste level and aesthetic required
- B.A/B.S degree
- Excellent art direction and concepting skills
- 12-15 years of catalogue/retail/fashion experience
- proven experience in photo art direction at high talent level for 10 years or more
- 10 years of leadership experience; building, managing and developing a team
- Must be able to operate a MAC
- Fluent in In-design and photoshop
- VP photography
Victoria's Secret, a member of the Limited Brands family, is the most powerful, best-recognized and sexiest lingerie brand in the world. Victoria's Secret inspires confidence with fashion, glamour and a touch of fantasy through its assortment of intimate apparel, beauty products, sleepwear, hosiery, and more. The Victoria's Secret brand, from its one-of-a-kind broadcast fashion show and supermodel Angels to its iconic striped shopping bag are known and desired the world over.
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.