We are Virgin Galactic, on track to be the world's first commercial spaceline. We are working hard to make access to space more affordable, frequent, and safer than ever before. We are also having a lot of fun while doing so!
London, United Kingdom
7 May 2013
Opportunity has expired
Astronaut Sales Support Executive
Seeking a dynamic and motivated all rounder, to help make commercial space travel a reality!
London, United Kingdom
Applicants are required to hold the relevant Visas/Work Permits
To view this opportunity please sign back in or join
(it takes 10 seconds and might change your life!)
New to Escape?
Sign up for free
Already a member?
Virgin Galactic is currently looking for an Astronaut Sales Support Executive who will be based at our London office.
This person will be the ‘ground control’ for the Astronaut Sales team. They will be responsible for supporting all elements related to this, from the tracking of prospective customers through to the onboarding of new Future Astronauts. These are high net worth individuals, so the right person need to brilliant with people and deliver excellent customer service. They will also manage Salesforce, the CRM system that is used to capture and manage customer data, so an understanding of this and a willingness to learn more about it is essential. As ‘ground control’ for Astronaut Sales, this person will support with a range of adhoc and administrative activities to ensure the smooth running of the team, so a ‘muck in’ attitude is essential!
- Be the ‘on the ground’ administrative support for the Astronaut Sales Team and assist in managing the pipeline of potential customers
- Where appropriate, communicate relevant information to potential customers
- Support the process to convert potential customers into Future Astronauts, including all associated administration and financial details
- Work with the wider Astronaut Relations team to ensure customers receive the best possible experience from co-ordinating the onboarding process to ensuring quality of processes and communications
- Manage internal processes for the Sales team. Take ownership for areas such as Terms & Conditions, produce reports where necessary, and liaise with internal Virgin Galactic functions (e.g Finance) on Sales related activities
- Responsible for overall management of Salesforce database, proactively identify enhancements, implement better ways of using the system and be the ‘guru’ of all things Salesforce for Virgin Galactic
- Support the Head of Direct Sales and the wider team with activities such as meeting organisation and general administrative tasks
- Work with the Astronaut Sales and Relations teams to coordinate and organise events for prospective customers and Future Astronauts. Support with the running of these events
- Other ad hoc and administrative support for the Sales team and wider Astronaut Relations team
- Prior experience of Salesforce is desirable, but a willingness to become an expert and guru is essential!
- Professional and friendly manner with potential customers and Future Astronauts.
- Previous customer relations experience of working with high net worth individuals is desirable, or at the very least, a recognition of how to work with these groups
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills essential, to all levels.
- Professional telephone manner
- Strong communication skills required
- Good time management skills
- Proactive and intuitive individual, able to work well alone and within a team often with little supervision and under pressure
- Ability to work under pressure and deal with ‘emergency’ situations in a quick and efficient manner
- Very strong command of Microsoft Office suite
- Flexible with the ability to multitask
- Creative and sociable individual with a good eye for detail
- Able to learn quickly and grasp the project and operational details
Virgin Galactic and the greater Virgin organisation have a relaxed and informal culture that encourages individuality and innovation. You will be motivated, enterprising and enthusiastic. Our company culture is such that you need to be able to “check your ego at the door”, be a self starter and possess a sense of humility. You will work well under commercial pressure and thrive on being given challenges and responsibility. You will communicate clearly and be confident and persuasive. You will have a high level of integrity and understand the need of complete confidentiality.
Please apply through the Virgin Careers website: http://careers.virgin.com/search/3719/
Please state in your email that you heard of this role through Escape the City. Thanks!
Ask a question about this opportunity
Your question has been submitted successfully!
You will receive a notification when the question has been answered.
Applying via "Express your Interest"
The new, simpler, more efficient way to kick off the application process!
1. Complete your Escape Profile
You need a complete
to express your interest.
2. Express your interest
Once you are happy with
your Escape Profile
express your interest.
3. Get an outcome
Get a response within 30 days.
If succesful the employer will
send you the next steps.